Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=17723&mesg_id=17785
17785, RE: A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well)
Posted by Thornarcrull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thornarcrull did a lot of boneheaded things. . . but, he also
>did a lot of things "right" in a get-immteraction sense. He
>was a character who showed up regularly, and over a long
>real-life period of time. He was a guy who definitely sought
>out interaction with others both mortal and immortal, even
>though I have to question to what degree he was roleplaying
>vs. just playing himself. He wasn't typically shy about being
>logged on with a lot of enemies around (now, whether he'd
>*fight* those enemies against the odds was often a different
>story)

Yes. I didn't care much for punishments/rewards, since Thornarcrull, following his role (yes, he had and followed it!) didn't care, is it a good event or bad, since everything that he experienced (Arvam's religion) were EXPERIENCE. He didnt care for book's knowledge, but he wished to experience as much as possible - and he successed. Onl once I (a player, not a character) got frustrated and stepped out of the role, when five marans/warlocks came to the pit, looting my things after I entered the wrong room in some dangerous area.

About being logged and not fighting... when you are a healer, and you know that they are together, do you really need to fight? I prefered to wait for other evils to come.

>Thorn, re: the Silent Tower, Mask, etc. stuff and everything
>else I had going on: I definitely tried to toss you hints and

I know that I missed a lot of hints and used also a lot. I wasted quite a bit of my health in ST, but the way which I'm forced to use to get in... a bit boring. Just my opinion. ;)

>I think Thornarcrull's problems as a player all really stem
>from one thing: He is always very sure he is right.

Naw naw naw. It's not a problem. Most of the time I think "damn, Nep is right here!", but Thorn would not agree anyways. I'm posting as Thorn - it's too late to change anything anyways. I'll leave forum/game at the next two weeks, and if I'll ever return, I'll return under another nickname and with another personality. :)

Hope you enjoyed this personality despite all the flames and such.
Arrogant, stubborn, selfish Thorn.