Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Squeegle the Blade Breaker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131583
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 29-Jun-17 12:28 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2024
16816 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131583, "(DELETED) [None] Squeegle the Blade Breaker"

Thu Jun 29 12:25:20 2017

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Squeegle perished, never to return.

Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:36
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..HIM i..., Squeegle (Anonymous), 01-Jul-17 06:02 AM, #23
Reply RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..., Rahsael, 01-Jul-17 02:03 PM, #25
Reply RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..., Ishuli, 03-Jul-17 10:20 AM, #26
Reply RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!!, Ghrimmli (Anonymous), 03-Jul-17 03:54 PM, #27
Reply RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..., Padosh (Anonymous), 03-Jul-17 07:09 PM, #28
Reply Karria. I hope to hell you don't delete over that #### ..., Squeegle (Anonymous), 29-Jun-17 12:51 PM, #1
     Reply :( n/t, Rahsael, 29-Jun-17 01:25 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Karria. I hope to hell you don't delete over that #..., Rahsael, 29-Jun-17 02:44 PM, #3
     Reply Is it because your religion implies full saccing everyo..., Lhydia, 29-Jun-17 05:23 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Is it because your religion implies full saccing ev..., Rahsael, 29-Jun-17 05:53 PM, #5
               Reply Pretty easy. , Lhydia, 29-Jun-17 06:25 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Pretty easy. , Rahsael, 29-Jun-17 07:25 PM, #7
                    Reply I wasn't trolling. n/t, Lhydia, 29-Jun-17 07:23 PM, #8
                    Reply This is a very malevolent interpretation of the helpfil..., Rodriguez, 30-Jun-17 04:02 AM, #10
                         Reply Jalim isn't alone with that interpretation., Murphy, 30-Jun-17 04:53 AM, #11
                              Reply I can think of one player in particular who is not Matr..., Pro1, 30-Jun-17 05:28 AM, #12
                              Reply Stop badmouthing Emnon, Kstatida, 30-Jun-17 07:39 AM, #14
                                   Reply Truth hurts, Boris?, Murphy, 30-Jun-17 08:06 AM, #16
                                        Reply Damn, thats my boy. I would do exactly the same, Beront (Anonymous), 30-Jun-17 08:44 AM, #17
                                        Reply RE: Damn, thats my boy. I would do exactly the same, Bajula, 01-Jul-17 12:31 PM, #24
                                        Reply RE: Truth hurts, Boris?, SPN, 30-Jun-17 10:44 AM, #18
                                        Reply Happened other times without you there., Murphy, 30-Jun-17 11:28 AM, #19
                                             Reply Enough, please. This is the death thread of a quality c..., Rahsael, 30-Jun-17 04:08 PM, #20
                                                  Reply RE: Enough, please. This is the death thread of a quali..., Jhyrbian, 30-Jun-17 04:22 PM, #21
                                                  Reply I don't want any fights., Murphy, 01-Jul-17 01:59 AM, #22
                                        Reply Wrong here, Kstatida, 04-Jul-17 11:38 AM, #29
                                             Reply I never actually told him to buzz off., Murphy, 04-Jul-17 06:17 PM, #30
     Reply Haha nope :), Karria (Anonymous), 29-Jun-17 11:58 PM, #9
          Reply You can't improve perfection., Squeegle (Anonymous), 30-Jun-17 05:40 AM, #13
               Reply Hey I'd love to read the role, Kstatida, 30-Jun-17 07:41 AM, #15

Squeegle (Anonymous)Sat 01-Jul-17 06:02 AM
Charter member
#131621, "WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..HIM i..."
In response to Reply #0

...dase you's not know.

Heh, I felt like I should make a legit goodbye post to clarify some things.

I need to make something absolutely clear. Following Rahsael was the best CF experience I have had. Hands down. There are only two characters I have interacted with who have been as good at RP as Rahsael was. Saersha and Karria. (I’m not implying they are the same person.) Seriously, I almost wanted to have a cig when it was all over and I don’t smoke!

I admit to having the same concerns about greifing as you guys but the reason he asked me to email him after Squeegle deleted was because he wanted feedback on the religion. I brought it up and I suggested the exact same thing you guys did and he seemed receptive.
I don’t want to give away anything about his religion because I found out a lot on my own that was really fun. Unfortunately Squeegle was such a moron (He thought a Fajita was a fancy smelling pillow ffs) that it was hard to have philosophical discussions with him in a meaningful IC situation.

What I will tell you is that Squeegle suffered way, way, WOLLOLOLOLOLOOO, waaaaaayyy more loss than any of his victims. And at the same time, heh, nearly everyone loved him. So many people gave me #### when I tried stealing from them that it was getting me in minor trouble with Rahsael for not identifying what people coveted the most. Examples.

Tricked a Baron into thinking I was in the GSV and he gave me the Codex to give to Tremblefist and paid me to do it. Only I wasn’t in the GSV, I was an ex-Outlander (More on that in a bit) applicant. What I did do was sell it to the Fortress, Hunsodin I believe. Except that just a few ticks before they took possession, it crumbled. And they paid me anyway. So I called up Entropy on the phone and told them mission accomplished and they got me some gear for being so useful I guess.

I stole constantly from groupmates when the Moon turned full. Squeegle had a were-rat in his ancestry and it manifested during that time. On a New Moon he was pretty much good and generous with his affection. The problem is everytime I stole people laughed a(Except for Vysys) gave me money and ruffled my hair and Rahsael was not impressed.

So I went through Loss school. And in order to please his god Squeegle lost all his friends.

And that’s where Karria comes in. Basically I betrayed her with Squeegle, which would have been fine in the scheme of things, but she was so damn classy about it that I as the player felt like the world’s biggest jerk. I didn’t full loot her, but I did take some impressive items to give to someone else associated with Rahsael thinking they would be impressed (They weren’t) and in doing so I left behind the items I had that had been in the same slots. So I lost my shirt, literally and a friend who I really liked IC and IRL. The part that upset me was Squeegle was stupid as hell and in order to sacrifice her friendship on Rahsael’s altar, I said some really ####ty things, and when I read the log later I felt horrible. To the point where I have sent a FB message to the person I think is Karria to apologize (So if you don't have it then I was wrong! Still a classy player though!). I did similar things with other people but not to that level and I played Squeegle as a man with nothing because he lost everything.

There were other things like stealing Dwarf only items from Ghrimmli and giving them to Rahsael that failed to impress as well. So it wasn’t much about looting at all. When I finally learned what he wanted to do I was kind of in a depression over Karria and felt like I wanted to come back in the future with a non-moronic character and so I made Rahsael feel loss by deleteing Squeegle! 

It’s a rough religion if you are expecting rewards because you pretty much have to lose in order to win. With this in mind, I don’t think, I could be wrong, that our power gamey griefers will do well as a follower of Rahsael. I’m still worried that they will be using him as an excuse. I have no idea whatsoever how it relates to the Outlanders because there is nothing in the help file and next to nothing in the Shrine area that relates to Outlander. He would be a great fit for Scion though! Like, ideal. This guy is a top notch Imm though and a great player and I’m glad I got to play a follower!

One final thing for his other followers: He is also a god of secrets. So when you are constanly making gymnastical sentences with the word LOSS in them, you’re kinda ####ing up and it’s as annoying as people who do the same thing when they constantly mention their sphere when they talk, or worse, elude to it in their description.

Had a great time save for where I messed up! Thanks Rahsael and everyone else! Sorry we didn’t finish that thing! WOLOLOLOOLOLOOO!!!

RahsaelSat 01-Jul-17 02:03 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131625, "RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..."
In response to Reply #23

Squeegle was top-notch. You were constantly in role, and constantly hilarious. It's easy to fall into a rut of only being "on" when you know an IMM is watching. Squeegle, however, was always on. I always looked forward to seeing you around because I knew I was in for some laughs.

Thanks for the feedback and for making the MUD better while you were around. If you ever stop back by the shrine, you might find a little, hidden surprise.

IshuliMon 03-Jul-17 10:20 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
#131649, "RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..."
In response to Reply #23

You were sincerely hilarious.

The first time I heard you yell "WOLOLOLOL" I was wondering if you were trying to convert someone Age of Empires style.

Ghrimmli (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 03:54 PM
Charter member
#131657, "RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!!"
In response to Reply #23

When I see someone yelling Wolllo or what ever more than once, I just assume that person is brain damaged. From your responses and actions it seemed that you were a brain damaged goblin. Now I see you were ultra religious, which explains the brain damage. Good day sir.

Padosh (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 07:09 PM
Charter member
#131661, "RE: WOLLOLOLOLOOOO!!! You’s leave HIM alones!..H..."
In response to Reply #23

Will just make a quick comment since I'm the boards posting goodbyes and such.

I was the Entropy, however you really didnt trick me into anything. I was looking for anyone who would take the codex since I couldnt have it in my name since I was the one taking it. I always played off my raids that I was paid to take the item or such. I figured a goblin/orc would confuse the Imperials more then anything else.

It would have made Padosh even happier if you had sold it to a diffrent cabal as it would be in the pure form of chaos. I gave you coin because well, I had a crap ton and I never had a purpose for it. Plus you fed into Padosh's vanity by calling him Master. He would have given you more had you groveled and told him how great he was. And I knew you never gave the chief the codex..I could locate the codex :p Hence why I told you "oh, that piece of gear is an illusion" without going to look. Had you actually done it, Padosh would have kept his word as he at least valued a promise if/when given. And no, I never gave you gear so not sure where you are coming from with that.

Only interaction with you...but I would have done more things with you since Padosh loved anyone who called him master, lord, etc

Squeegle (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jun-17 12:51 PM
Charter member
#131584, "Karria. I hope to hell you don't delete over that #### ..."
In response to Reply #0

I feel awful for doing it and despite thinking I was supposed to do it to please the Imm I was following it was terrible.

I have a hunch who you are IRL and you are without a doubt one of our best players. If I ran you off after you came back I'm sorry. That was all me running with something I think I should have passed on in hindsight.

I'll respond to anyone who wishes to comment. I just needed to get that off my chest for Karria.

RahsaelThu 29-Jun-17 01:25 PM
232 posts
#131585, ":( n/t"
In response to Reply #1

Nt

RahsaelThu 29-Jun-17 02:44 PM
232 posts
#131587, "RE: Karria. I hope to hell you don't delete over that #..."
In response to Reply #1

Shoot me an email at immrahsael@gmail.com, if you wouldn't mind. I'd like to hear from you.

LhydiaThu 29-Jun-17 05:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#131588, "Is it because your religion implies full saccing everyo..."
In response to Reply #3

gr

RahsaelThu 29-Jun-17 05:53 PM
232 posts
#131589, "RE: Is it because your religion implies full saccing ev..."
In response to Reply #4

Yikes! That's definitely not intended to be part of the religion. Please point me to the line in the helpfile that implies followers need to full loot everyone and I'll fix it right away.

LhydiaThu 29-Jun-17 06:17 PM
2379 posts
#131590, "Pretty easy. "
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Thu 29-Jun-17 06:25 PM

But LOSS IS also an old friend, a teacher and a SPICE OF LIFE.

Rahsael is the patron of LOSS

Explorers SACRIFICE IN HIS NAME

mourners beseech Him to ease their GRIEF.

Rahsael's true worshipers understand that LOSS IS AN UNWELCOME BLESSING that must at times be bestowed upon friends
JUST AS IT CAN BE A WEAPON TO WIELD AGAINST FOES

But all must be comfortable with sometimes
CAUSING or allowing profound LOSS TO HAPPEN

No idea how you wouldn't know right off the bat you were role-playing the Patron Saint of Griefers. =P

RahsaelThu 29-Jun-17 07:14 PM
232 posts
#131593, "RE: Pretty easy. "
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Thu 29-Jun-17 07:25 PM

I guess if you were to read the word "Loss" to mean "full looting" I can see your point. But you could argue the Maran goal of "eradicating evil" encourages multi-killing and griefing everyone who isn't a goodie.

I was never big on the forums, so I have no idea who you are or whether you're being sincere or just trolling me. Either way, for your benefit and the benefit of others, I'll offer a sincere response.

I was being serious when I said I wanted to leave the details of Rahsael's religion quiet/IC because I've spent a lot of time thinking about and planning the experience I want to share with players. But I will say this: If you were to play a Rahsael follower in earnest, you'd learn very quickly (as several already have) why your assumption about full looting everyone is incorrect.

And I hope you do!

I'm a longtime, well-rounded player myself. I developed this religion to be what I've always wanted out of a CF religion: a long and involved process designed to keep characters curious, interested and busy throughout the entirety of their lives. It takes some thought, creativity, and (IC) heartache to do it right, but it offers commensurate rewards, fun and surprises -- even for veterans who have seen it all, I hope.

It might not be for everyone. But it certainly isn't for griefers.

LhydiaThu 29-Jun-17 07:23 PM
2379 posts
#131594, "I wasn't trolling. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

gr

RodriguezFri 30-Jun-17 04:02 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#131597, "This is a very malevolent interpretation of the helpfil..."
In response to Reply #6

The idea that this religion would encourage griefing didnt even cross my mind once...

MurphyFri 30-Jun-17 04:51 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131598, "Jalim isn't alone with that interpretation."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Fri 30-Jun-17 04:53 AM

I also interpreted Rahsael's helpfile as him being a Matrik-esque "full looting is good for the game" god.

We had examples of griefing deities in the past, e.g. Lyristeon and Emnon. I'm glad to hear Rahsael confirming he isn't like them, but I think he might want to rewrite the helpfile.

Pro1Fri 30-Jun-17 05:28 AM
Member since 19th May 2017
80 posts
#131599, "I can think of one player in particular who is not Matr..."
In response to Reply #11

Interpret this as an edict to full loot. You will know him because no matter his race class cabal combo he sounds identical.

Then we have a recent player who has been rotd'd for his adherence to the Matrakian order.

Then we have some funny sorts of people who need no intoduction.

>>>DO YOU MISS YOUR ARMORS FAGTRON??<<<

I'm confident this new Imm will make sure that it's addressed. We don't need anymore Lyristeons. Especially with the current player base count.

KstatidaFri 30-Jun-17 07:39 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131601, "Stop badmouthing Emnon"
In response to Reply #11

Just because you don't know how to heal plague doesn't mean Emnon was a griefing deity.

MurphyFri 30-Jun-17 08:00 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131605, "Truth hurts, Boris?"
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Fri 30-Jun-17 08:06 AM

I know you liked Emnon because you were his follower.
I also know how to heal plague.

That guy just was incredibly petty. He kept coming to the Inn wherever there were more than two people at the bar and plaguing everyone. Way to encourage mortal interaction, asshole.

Patron A: Let's discuss how we're going to deal with prophecy
Patron B: Let's plan and plot against our enemies
Patron C: Let's have ale and banter
Emnon (appearing): You will all shut up and bow down to me while I will speak for thirty minutes on how I am awesome and you are puny mortals
Patron C: Excuse me, we were having an event here
Emnon (smites): Silence. Only I am allowed to have fun here, and at your expense.
Patron A: Excuse me, aren't we really beneath your attention? Why won't you leave us alone?
Emnon (plagues): I like griefing random mortals. Enjoy your immteraction or face certain doom.
Everyone: Ok, this is uncomfortable. We're leaving.
Random lowbie rager: *dies from plague*
Daphedee: *facepalms*

Beront (Anonymous)Fri 30-Jun-17 08:44 AM
Charter member
#131606, "Damn, thats my boy. I would do exactly the same"
In response to Reply #16

Because all heralds suck.

BajulaSat 01-Jul-17 12:31 PM
929 posts
#131624, "RE: Damn, thats my boy. I would do exactly the same"
In response to Reply #17

Wait wasn't beront from like 10 years ago? loved.. er hated.. hrm can't decide.. that character.

SPNFri 30-Jun-17 10:44 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#131608, "RE: Truth hurts, Boris?"
In response to Reply #16

I think I am more to blame for the situation as Bilgritok than Emnon. Renize and Daph we're really close friends with a gruff dwarf that didn't give a #### about naming the god that didn't want to be named. As a Strienat follower, much less an Outtie I felt to not name him was to give into the power of the undead and empire, so to hell with that.

On more than one occasion I was the one plagued for my RP, and before I could heal it (spellcrafted plague by a lvl 53 undead sucks to heal), leave, or be told to get out by heralds, the plague jumped from me to bouncers (worse case senario) or other unfortunate PC's.if you want to get mad about that one get mad with me, and I will still tell ya to #### off, it was all Rp on my and Emnon's part.

MurphyFri 30-Jun-17 11:28 AM
1639 posts
#131610, "Happened other times without you there."
In response to Reply #18

NT

RahsaelFri 30-Jun-17 04:08 PM
232 posts
#131611, "Enough, please. This is the death thread of a quality c..."
In response to Reply #19

If you want to have a slapfight, there are other places to do that.

JhyrbianFri 30-Jun-17 04:22 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131612, "RE: Enough, please. This is the death thread of a quali..."
In response to Reply #20

Is it me or do those sound like valid complaints? Slapfight? I don't get it...

MurphySat 01-Jul-17 01:59 AM
1639 posts
#131620, "I don't want any fights."
In response to Reply #20

Nor was I trying to provoke anyone. Just maintaining my opinion.

I don't care for Boris telling me to shut up as he pops up every time I voice that opinion.

The thread isn't even about Emnon. I only mentioned him as a passing example, and it actually isn't a fitting example now that I think of it -- what we're worrying is that Rahsael's helpfile can be interpreted as encouraging griefing by his followers.

You already said this isn't the case, I'm just suggesting you rewrite the helpfile to make it clear.

P.S. Squeegle was your follower, right? If he was, then this discussion isn't exactly off-topic.

KstatidaTue 04-Jul-17 11:38 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131666, "Wrong here"
In response to Reply #16

I became his follower because he was awesome, not the other way around. The dude was like the epitome of CE deity. Don't forget he booted me from Empire.

Telling a god (any god) to buzz off even if you're at the Inn and having a party or something will give you trouble, that's roots of CF immteraction. So blaming an immortal who's roleplaying an evil deity well that he plagues you after you're being unpolite with him is straight up complaining about someone's good RP.

MurphyTue 04-Jul-17 06:17 PM
1639 posts
#131676, "I never actually told him to buzz off."
In response to Reply #29

and I was always polite, with gods and mortals alike. There's rping a pissed off deity, and there's being a bitch unprovoked.

Karria (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jun-17 11:33 PM
Charter member
#131595, "Haha nope :)"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 29-Jun-17 11:58 PM

Don't worry, just IRL bashing me to death. Treachery, betrayal, all part of what makes CF, CF!

PS Edit: Enjoyed your RP, and was rooting for you to do your thing. I'm also glad that after the general success of Kstat's goblin (i forget the name) you had an entirely different speaking-stye. It's something I definitely need to improve, if you could guess my other chars :'(

Squeegle (Anonymous)Fri 30-Jun-17 05:40 AM
Charter member
#131600, "You can't improve perfection."
In response to Reply #9

I felt like I crushed something beautiful. Thank you for being forgiving. I felt so bad you can't imagine. I couldn't separate that out as an aspect of the game. I was really worried that I intentionally hurt a real person. Stupid I know but there it is.

I tried to be so over the top obvious about what I was doing that you knew it was an IC thing. What sucked is that Squeegle felt more loss than he inflicted. I was loving being with you and then the moon changed and he was pretty much Chaotic evil depending on the moon. He also have away all the stuff he took and ended up losing more than he took. That was my only concession.

I feel more confident now than ever that my hunch is correct and I'm glad you are back...assuming I am right and you were in fact absent for a while.

Bessed are deh lost Squeegles.

KstatidaFri 30-Jun-17 07:41 AM
2214 posts
#131602, "Hey I'd love to read the role"
In response to Reply #13

Mood changed with moon is a neat idea.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131583 Previous topic | Next topic