Subject: "RE: I'm missing something here." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #645
Show all folders

ValguarneraThu 10-Apr-03 04:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#730, "RE: I'm missing something here."

You remove that big drawback from Gnomes, then someone better start rethinking mith/iron vulns. Right now that's why you hardly ever see more than two elves on at a time.

This is incorrect. (High) Elves are consistently about the 4th most popular race, and that is consistent at all ranks.

Trust me, every single newbie has a mith or iron weapon and there's a lot more of those type weapons lying around than there are blunts.

This is incorrect. Maces, flails, and most whips together outnumber iron/mithril by a clear margin. There's also a few blunt polearms around, and rare examples from other weapon categories. Also, the recent limiting changes were the result of us accounting for object material, and high-end iron/mithril numbers have come down considerably.

That said, I still see no reason to remove any of the vulns mentioned. They're good balancers on popular races that do well as a number of classes.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicvuln_blunt [View all] , Urden, Fri 04-Apr-03 09:03 PM
Reply RE: vuln_blunt, nepenthe, 04-Apr-03 09:10 PM, #1
     Reply Also..., nepenthe, 04-Apr-03 09:11 PM, #2
          Reply Hrm, Urden, 04-Apr-03 09:23 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Hrm, Valguarnera, 04-Apr-03 09:44 PM, #4
                    Reply Well..., Urden, 04-Apr-03 09:57 PM, #5
                         Reply AHA! Here's a solution!!!!, Urden, 04-Apr-03 10:02 PM, #6
                         Reply You can get my vote for this. Not that it means too muc..., Astillian, 06-Apr-03 02:15 AM, #8
                         Reply This might have changed, but..., Marcus_, 08-Apr-03 10:11 AM, #9
                         Reply RE: Well..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 05-Apr-03 12:02 AM, #7
                         Reply I'm missing something here., Dunsel, 10-Apr-03 02:21 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: I'm missing something here., Valguarnera, 10-Apr-03 04:22 PM #11
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #645 Previous topic | Next topic