Subject: "RE: Distention (think that's the term)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #636
Show all folders

nepentheFri 04-Apr-03 04:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#641, "RE: Distention (think that's the term)"

>1) Read my post oer. I know it's not based on level sitting,
>that's what I proposed. I've read the helpfile, I know what it
>does.

That's not entirely true. Distention is much more brutal to level sitters than characters who simply kill a lot. In fact, it's probably fair to say that level sitting to PK was the #1 phenomena we wanted to discourage by introducing distention.

>2) Give me the location of a super secret detect hidden potion
>so that I can see a rogue coming, and a forget wand so he
>can't keep me from fleeing, and sure, it'll be my fault then

I'm not sure if you'll take this as constructive, but it's meant that way.

There is always, always, always, always, always something you can do to make it harder for the same person to keep killing you. For example, if you're worried about a thief (as you mention above) there are no small number of places in the game where they can't hide, and/or can't reasonably sneak up on you. Does that mean you might have to avoid Galadon, the Eastern Road, and/or your levelling ground of choice? It might. Does it beat re-equipping? It probably does.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDistention (think that's the term) [View all] , Racli, Fri 04-Apr-03 12:30 PM
Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), nepenthe, 04-Apr-03 04:08 PM, #4
Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), Racli, 04-Apr-03 04:52 PM, #7
Reply Agreed and..., Boldereth, 05-Apr-03 10:06 PM, #10
Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), DwE, 04-Apr-03 02:24 PM, #3
Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), RealShea, 04-Apr-03 12:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), Racli, 04-Apr-03 01:30 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), nepenthe, 04-Apr-03 04:19 PM #5
          Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), Racli, 04-Apr-03 04:50 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), RealShea, 04-Apr-03 09:52 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Distention (think that's the term), Racli, 05-Apr-03 07:55 AM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #636 Previous topic | Next topic