Subject: "Race - more then just stats." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #43
Show all folders

CRS (Guest)Mon 04-Mar-02 07:32 PM

#43, "Race - more then just stats."

One thing I've noticed in CF is the reason why Orcs stand out as a race. Besides just being your basic only-one-class race, they get the ability of a clan and a cabal-like chat. Both of which greatly added to the aspects of orc.

Now why can't this be added to more races?

Before I step ahead of myself, I know this has been brought up, but what about adding racial languagues? So drows can mutter to each other how the human is lacking, or the duergars can bicker about who's getting the gnome groupmates weapons after he dies, etc. I think it would add a lot and make races more than just stats.

To take it a step further, what about adding racial cabal options? Such as the Dwarven Brigade, or Elven protectors, or Fire Giant Marauders, etc etc. It'd make races more important than just stats and the occasional roleplay, it would add a more feeling of....racial ties like orcs have. You could add some neat abilities which would make it more appealing, like having dwarfs drinking alcohol heal them faster, or elven protectors having the ability of camouflage, etc.

To take this even a step *further*, how about adding Cabal items for them? It'd make the world much more vast and complicated of course, but what's wrong with that? Let's say only other races could take other race items, so you'd have racial leaders declaring wars that would influence the world to take sides. Cabals could aid certain races if they find it benefitial, etc.

To take this even a step *FURTHER*, how about adding race-only classes to these race-cabals. Like how the orcs are berserkers, maybe dwarven berskers who are warriors with special abilities, or elf protectors who all learn how to ambush (weaker of course), or svirfs who learn how to use explosives It'd take your base class, and twist it. DwarfWarrior->berserker, ElfWarrior->bladesinger, etc.

Ok, a lot to push for, but I really wish races had languages introduced. You hear people roleplay it all the time, let's just make some standards. (And if ya don't know any racial languages, just use a random generator to mix the words up)

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
Fools talk because they have to say something.
-Plato

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRace - more then just stats. [View all] , CRS (Guest), Mon 04-Mar-02 07:32 PM
Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., leekie (Guest), 09-Mar-02 05:29 AM, #9
Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., Scarabaeus, 05-Mar-02 08:17 AM, #3
Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 05-Mar-02 09:55 AM, #4
Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., Valguarnera, 05-Mar-02 12:38 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 05-Mar-02 01:21 PM, #7
Reply Round Two, CRS (Guest), 05-Mar-02 02:46 PM, #8
Reply RE: Race - more then just stats., CRS (Guest), 04-Mar-02 10:00 PM, #1
     Reply I like it, Jesrad (Guest), 05-Mar-02 12:25 AM, #2
     Reply In fact I liked so much I decided to put some thought i..., Jesrad (Guest), 05-Mar-02 11:32 AM, #5
          Reply race/sex/class revamps, shark69 (Guest), 20-Mar-02 05:54 PM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #43 Previous topic | Next topic