Subject: "Few questions" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2225
Show all folders

ValkenarWed 17-Sep-03 08:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2304, "Few questions"

>Last year when I was in Korea on one show as a kind of a farce
>they pitted the Korean Women's Judo team against a group of 5
>actors.

In what sort of contest? Was it a formalized judo match?

>No seriously, you're allowed to do that when you're making
>something new.

What is your opinion of jeet kune do?

> Grappling techniques only work if you bring him down first of all,
> and
> if you're on the ground you'd better ####ing hope you're stronger
> than him cause if you're both on the ground and he's stronger than
> you, regardless of how much Karate you've learned you're #### outta

I'm curious what your background in grappling/groundfighting is... did you train in that in addition to the traditional TKD? Are you familiar at all with Gracie or Brazillian jiu-jitsu?

>you'll realize exactly how useless martial arts is if you're
>both on the ground

Certainly if you've never trained your martial art from the ground you won't know how to apply it there. Styles that emphasize kicking will have a particularly difficult time adapting their techniques to the ground.

>I hope this will convince you to stop wasting time and actually
>learn something useful.

What is your training regimen?

Incidentally, have you read any literature on the subject of the reality of street combat? Are you at all familiar with Mas Ayoob's work, for example?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

HOT Locked TopicWarrior idea [View all] , Circuits Edge (inactive user), Fri 12-Sep-03 01:57 PM
Reply I'm confused., Valguarnera, 12-Sep-03 04:32 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I'm confused., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 12-Sep-03 05:23 PM, #2
          Reply Really..., rome, 16-Sep-03 11:16 AM, #3
          Reply touch o' sarcasm, Bajula, 16-Sep-03 02:43 PM, #4
          Reply Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless post), Urden, 16-Sep-03 03:58 PM, #5
               Reply This is what I was wondering about. (n/t), Valguarnera, 16-Sep-03 04:49 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless p..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 05:54 PM, #7
               Reply RE:, Gherian, 16-Sep-03 06:52 PM, #8
               Reply RE:, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 08:21 PM, #9
               Reply This is getting very Alice in Wonderland., Valguarnera, 16-Sep-03 08:55 PM, #10
                    Reply RE: This is getting very Alice in Wonderland., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 10:20 PM, #11
                         Reply Sorry to break this to you..., Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 12:27 AM, #12
                         Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 17-Sep-03 01:46 AM, #13
                              Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 03:36 AM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 17-Sep-03 04:40 AM, #15
                                   Reply Good luck then. Enjoy your wooshu -nt-, Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 05:22 AM, #16
                                   Reply Information, Valkenar, 17-Sep-03 08:18 AM, #18
                                   Reply Few questions, Valkenar, 17-Sep-03 08:39 AM #19
                         Reply I prefer Valg's names for effects, incognito, 17-Sep-03 07:25 AM, #17
               Reply RE: Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless p..., Enbuergo, 17-Sep-03 11:25 AM, #20
                    Reply I really should..., nepenthe, 17-Sep-03 11:48 AM, #21
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2225 Previous topic | Next topic