Subject: "This is getting very Alice in Wonderland." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2225
Show all folders

ValguarneraTue 16-Sep-03 08:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2293, "This is getting very Alice in Wonderland."

Apparently you've never fenced, professionally, or as a kid with a wooden sword. Fending off blows when you're on your back isn't hard at all, and being a trained warrior in the world of CF, I don't see any problems with it.

If people could defend themselves better than standing people while knocked to the ground, despite the lack of leverage and mobility:

- Wouldn't soldiers and police immediately collapse on the ground when hand-to-hand combat began? Use the more competitive "flat on my ass" stance, people!
- Why did Daniel-san go to the Crane Stance instead of the Banana Slug Ground Slump? He almost gave the championship to the Cobra Kai, man!

The idea is ridiculous. I initially thought you must have been proposing something else.

That said, reduced penalties (which isn't what you proposed)while prone would be logically feasible but technically troublesome- most damage forces you to the standing position immediately, even if lagged, so the skill would only be useful until you got hit once. Note that since Bash/Trip/etc. deal damage, you're standing right after they go through anyway.

Such as the one hit pugils,
We could make it a bunch of little hits that added up to the same amount, but it would make the skill worse. (Wimpy.) I don't think Pugil needs the downgrade.

the mostly non insta-death impales
An impale generally will eventually kill a target who isn't enhanced by protections, healing, +hp gear, etc. I don't think it's so ridiculous that a trained combatant could (barely) survive a deep wound from a spear. People survive the majority of gunshots. I also don't see why one would be instantly fatal- most of the damage from a puncture wound is going to be the blood loss.

or Valgs seriously questionable 'new' spells with half-assed names.

Examples? Please also provide your replacement ideas.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

HOT Locked TopicWarrior idea [View all] , Circuits Edge (inactive user), Fri 12-Sep-03 01:57 PM
Reply I'm confused., Valguarnera, 12-Sep-03 04:32 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I'm confused., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 12-Sep-03 05:23 PM, #2
          Reply Really..., rome, 16-Sep-03 11:16 AM, #3
          Reply touch o' sarcasm, Bajula, 16-Sep-03 02:43 PM, #4
          Reply Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless post), Urden, 16-Sep-03 03:58 PM, #5
               Reply This is what I was wondering about. (n/t), Valguarnera, 16-Sep-03 04:49 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless p..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 05:54 PM, #7
               Reply RE:, Gherian, 16-Sep-03 06:52 PM, #8
               Reply RE:, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 08:21 PM, #9
               Reply This is getting very Alice in Wonderland., Valguarnera, 16-Sep-03 08:55 PM #10
                    Reply RE: This is getting very Alice in Wonderland., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Sep-03 10:20 PM, #11
                         Reply Sorry to break this to you..., Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 12:27 AM, #12
                         Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 17-Sep-03 01:46 AM, #13
                              Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 03:36 AM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Sorry to break this to you..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 17-Sep-03 04:40 AM, #15
                                   Reply Good luck then. Enjoy your wooshu -nt-, Kazrael, 17-Sep-03 05:22 AM, #16
                                   Reply Information, Valkenar, 17-Sep-03 08:18 AM, #18
                                   Reply Few questions, Valkenar, 17-Sep-03 08:39 AM, #19
                         Reply I prefer Valg's names for effects, incognito, 17-Sep-03 07:25 AM, #17
               Reply RE: Well hell! Let's take it a step further! (useless p..., Enbuergo, 17-Sep-03 11:25 AM, #20
                    Reply I really should..., nepenthe, 17-Sep-03 11:48 AM, #21
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2225 Previous topic | Next topic