Subject: "I have no idea about the specifics" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340
Show all folders

lasentiaThu 04-Apr-13 08:45 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49386, "I have no idea about the specifics"

I assume taking cabal items & killing cabal members makes your reknown lower (but conversely may also be raising it in another) against that member's cabal and raising your own in your cabal. But if it's not a target of yours, i.e. battle char killing random uncaballed warriors for fun, I'd assume he is not raising his reknown probably by killing them. It's not just a PK tally, it's a gauge of your char's actions in relation to each cabal's ideologies.

The hardest one to raise I've found to be herald

Helping people retrieve their item looks to raise your reknown with them.

Take a battle char as an example.
He can probably raise his battle reknown by
Killing nexus char
Killing scion char
Killing any mage
Raiding Scion
Raiding Nexus
Retrieving the head
Giving items to Tahren

Those actions will also likely make him more hated by nexus/scion/whatever cabal random mage is in.

Keep in mind though, killing a scion might also raise your reknown in fort because a scion is an enemy of both cabals.
Not sure just how simple or complex it is, you'd have to ask Zulg, but generally if you are caballed and following cabal rules, you'll end up maxing it out in your cabal pretty easily.

I believe with my nexus leader, I maxed out nexus and almost fort as well, and was hated by battle only.

With my battle leader I was hated by scion/nexus/and I think trib, neutral or disliked by outlander/herald/fort, and reknowned in Battle.

But you can use it at level 1 to get a feel. A wood elf has a naturally higher reknown in outlander, so is may be friendly, while a dwarf starts off disliked by Outlander as he is a natural enemy. Goodies have an affinity for fort, and so on.

It's an interesting tool, one most players probably don't use, or don't even know about. I could see it as useful for cabal leaders to see the reknown of their members though.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what d... [View all] , Wondering (Anonymous), Tue 02-Apr-13 12:18 PM
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Vilhazarog, 02-Apr-13 09:21 PM, #4
Reply Something to consider, Artificial, 02-Apr-13 04:47 PM, #3
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Amaranthe, 02-Apr-13 01:19 PM, #1
     Reply Thank you, , No longer Wondering (Anonymous), 02-Apr-13 02:37 PM, #2
          Reply Simpler answer, Twist, 03-Apr-13 08:23 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Simpler answer, lasentia, 03-Apr-13 09:01 AM, #6
               Reply Reputation command ????, WHAT?! (Anonymous), 03-Apr-13 08:40 PM, #8
                    Reply It reflects how you are viewed by every cabal in Thera, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 07:45 AM, #9
                         Reply Is it based on your char's PK and ranking?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 07:50 AM, #10
                              Reply I have no idea about the specifics, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 08:45 AM #11
                                   Reply Heh. How did you learn about it?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 09:29 AM, #12
                                        Reply Came out in 2009, which was when I was fairly new, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 11:33 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Thank you, , highbutterfly, 03-Apr-13 01:21 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340 Previous topic | Next topic