Subject: "How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what do you do about lowbie socials ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340
Show all folders

Wondering (Anonymous)Tue 02-Apr-13 12:18 PM
Charter member
#49340, "How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what do you do about lowbie socials ?"

I am not sure how to deal with this in character.

All Random Examples based on real stuff I have experienced:

You are a hero human, and a rank 24 elf is talking down to you like you are a baby.

They are RP'ing at you, that they have been around for hundreds of years, and you are only in your mid 30's age wise, so you are so much less experienced in the world.

If the gods would allow, you would kill them in the blink of an eye. You are ten times more powerful, and have proven yourself more than twice their rank on the battlefield. You have much more experience, from a game value point of view, however you are hundreds of years younger.

To me this is the same kind of #### like when someone out of range below you threatens you or uses action words to "slap" you or "spit" on you. It's like you are kidding right? You are a rank 15 Elf and you slap and spit on rank 51 Fire giant warrior who would kill you with a single blow from his Armageddon sword. Or talk down to them because you have supposedly been around for hundreds of years, yet you are only rank 15.

Mostly I try to RP the angle that many of the worlds peoples count differently in reference to time and birth and cycles of life. The elves count much faster then humans year wise, so I may be 30 by my peoples counts, but that is a thousand years by an elves calendar.
The problem with this is that its not really true at all. We all roll by the Theran calendar which is equal for all of us, so I think I am having ####ty RP by doing this.

As for emotes, why cannot they be restricted, so that ones that would obviously be reserved for people who are foolish, can only be done to PK or below. My rank 51 fire giant should be able to slap the #### out of elves who are rank 15, but I shouldn't be able to fight or kill them, so they are protected but I can slap them or spit on them or whatever. However they are little and weak and protected by the gods so they cannot do the same to me with out consequence so they are blocked from doing it. This could open up the possibility that heroes will go around spamming stupid commands on lowbies but really, does anyone think that is going to happen? Not all socials should be like that, but come on, it really makes RP stupid sometimes when mid raid lowbies are doing dumb #### like that.

I am not saying this happens all the time, but it definitely zaps the immersing feel of the game for me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what d... [View all] , Wondering (Anonymous), Tue 02-Apr-13 12:18 PM
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Vilhazarog, 02-Apr-13 09:21 PM, #4
Reply Something to consider, Artificial, 02-Apr-13 04:47 PM, #3
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Amaranthe, 02-Apr-13 01:19 PM, #1
     Reply Thank you, , No longer Wondering (Anonymous), 02-Apr-13 02:37 PM, #2
          Reply Simpler answer, Twist, 03-Apr-13 08:23 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Simpler answer, lasentia, 03-Apr-13 09:01 AM, #6
               Reply Reputation command ????, WHAT?! (Anonymous), 03-Apr-13 08:40 PM, #8
                    Reply It reflects how you are viewed by every cabal in Thera, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 07:45 AM, #9
                         Reply Is it based on your char's PK and ranking?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 07:50 AM, #10
                              Reply I have no idea about the specifics, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 08:45 AM, #11
                                   Reply Heh. How did you learn about it?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 09:29 AM, #12
                                        Reply Came out in 2009, which was when I was fairly new, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 11:33 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Thank you, , highbutterfly, 03-Apr-13 01:21 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340 Previous topic | Next topic