Subject: "RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what do you do about lowbie socials ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340
Show all folders

AmarantheTue 02-Apr-13 01:17 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49345, "RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what do you do about lowbie socials ?"
Edited on Tue 02-Apr-13 01:19 PM

You've hit on something that is a big pet peeve of mine, regarding the relative measure of age and the general passage of time in CF. (Also consider an "hour" or a "day" in CF is so short as to be impossible to legitimately roleplay around.)

For the foreseeable future, I don't see anyone addressing this to my (or your) satisfaction, so my best advice is to just ignore it and skirt around it while roleplaying as best you can. I wish I could offer something better, but it is what it is.

Regarding the abuse of emote or socials, trust me, players who behave that way aren't impressing anyone. I do think when used judiciously, such socials do have a place in the game for out-of-pk use. A slighted lover might slap an unfaithful beau, a reviled enemy might spit in response to an insult, etc.

If misuse of socials and emote is particularly egregious, feel free to shoot a note to immortal about the offending player. (Emphasis on 'particularly egregious'. If someone slapped you and you think it's lame, we don't need to hear about it.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also what d... [View all] , Wondering (Anonymous), Tue 02-Apr-13 12:18 PM
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Vilhazarog, 02-Apr-13 09:21 PM, #4
Reply Something to consider, Artificial, 02-Apr-13 04:47 PM, #3
Reply RE: How should/do you deal with age span in CF? Also wh..., Amaranthe, 02-Apr-13 01:19 PM #1
     Reply Thank you, , No longer Wondering (Anonymous), 02-Apr-13 02:37 PM, #2
          Reply Simpler answer, Twist, 03-Apr-13 08:23 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Simpler answer, lasentia, 03-Apr-13 09:01 AM, #6
               Reply Reputation command ????, WHAT?! (Anonymous), 03-Apr-13 08:40 PM, #8
                    Reply It reflects how you are viewed by every cabal in Thera, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 07:45 AM, #9
                         Reply Is it based on your char's PK and ranking?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 07:50 AM, #10
                              Reply I have no idea about the specifics, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 08:45 AM, #11
                                   Reply Heh. How did you learn about it?, Murphy, 04-Apr-13 09:29 AM, #12
                                        Reply Came out in 2009, which was when I was fairly new, lasentia, 04-Apr-13 11:33 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Thank you, , highbutterfly, 03-Apr-13 01:21 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49340 Previous topic | Next topic