Subject: "RE: Our target audience and how to reach them." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #154
Show all folders

TahrenMon 19-Nov-07 10:32 AM
Member since 25th Oct 2003
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#251, "RE: Our target audience and how to reach them."

I wonder if it's possible or desirable to create a trifold pamphlet to distribute at comic book / gaming stores. I'm trying to think of a way to appeal to the hobbyists who read and/or write fantasy and sci-fi. So on the front of the pamphlet, you'd have the logo, "by what name" message, and the website - like a standard flyer. Take one, open the pamphlet, and you find one of the short stories from the website intro page. Or a log snippet, showing room desc and first strike? Something like:

-605/796hp 359/462ma 428/726mv 20710tnl-

>west

A Muddy Intersection
A small mud statue of something stands in the center of this intersection.
It seems nothing but mud exists here. The floor and walls are completely
bare with not plants or lifeform of any sort. There is a strange gold
shimmer coming from the northern room. To the south is just more mud.

(Exits: north east south)
A pale male storm giant stands guard here.
Cabdru is here.

>knife cabdru

You drive your dagger into Cabdru's side!
Your knifing MANGLES Cabdru!
Cabdru yells 'Help! Lyristeon knifed me!'
Cabdru has some small but disgusting cuts.

Double bonus if you have a short story on the left, and a related or corresponding log snippet on the right. For instance, Nep's "A Cold Night In Azuremain", which ends at a decision point, could be coupled with a log like the one above - where the decision has been made, and an action taken.

If you don't play the game, anything more than one round of combat won't make sense. But, if I'm familiar with Zork-style adventure games, and D&D style RPG accounting, then I'll recognize a room description with items and exits, followed by an input command, and some tangible reaction based on that command (i.e., first round of combat). Maybe I can throw something together later as an example.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOur target audience and how to reach them. [View all] , jasmin, Thu 15-Nov-07 01:43 PM
Reply RE: Our target audience and how to reach them., Tahren, 19-Nov-07 10:32 AM #5
Reply RE: Our target audience and how to reach them., Tahren, 19-Nov-07 12:15 PM, #6
Reply There's some info on our marketing page that might prov..., Sebeok, 16-Nov-07 11:35 AM, #4
Reply Good idea: A suggestion, Elerosse, 16-Nov-07 11:24 AM, #3
Reply This is a good post., Lyristeon, 15-Nov-07 02:09 PM, #2
Reply Great!, Daevryn, 15-Nov-07 02:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #154 Previous topic | Next topic