Subject: "I too had this experiance. It was great." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #111
Show all folders

GinGaTue 06-May-03 08:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140, "I too had this experiance. It was great."

If your alignment good/neutral and get into a friendly cabal (not that battleragers aren't friendly, but don't) like Sylvan or Dawn, you'll have a great time. Being new means you don't know what your missing when you get a large set of unique gear. Once people teach you how to find the basics, you'll be flying about learning at an accelerated pace

People in these cabals really do want to increase your ability to play, less as a benefit for them but more for your own benefit. (Dawn promotes peace and friendship, sylvan does a similar idea with a natural twist. More enemies to test your metal against).

I had a wood-elf bard, back in Priolith's days in Sylvan. I didn't even know the leader of Sylvan was the same class/race as me, I just went with it because it was easy to rp-out. I was awful in pk, and even got slaughtered in a bard vs bard fight near hero. Yet, I had a role model to teach me all the class tactics, sylvan role-play and everything. I almost did become a priolith-clone without the pking ability. Can't say that was a bad thing at the time!

From this experiance I learned how to run about Thera without touching a city or road. I learned where to get supplies without shops, the basics without cash and even how to take down big mobs solo using hit-and-run tactics (and chameleon!). I can seriously say I miss those days despite dying repeatedly, loosing all the happy gear my hero allies donated towards me.

Choose an easy RP character, stick to that RP hard and it will grow. Thats what gets you places, growing and learning, just like real life. Eventually, you'll learn to kill, but that was always second to me. Want to really learn to get to grips with pk life? Try playing an assassin. They can hide and you can pick+choose most of your fights. Simple tactics can develop into long, complex ones. Always focus on RP + ranking up, not on 'clearing out your range for fun'. Its the best way to play!

Good luck.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAttn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who role-pl... [View all] , geezer, Sat 19-Apr-03 11:30 PM
Reply RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who rol..., Sabiene, 04-May-03 08:33 PM, #4
Reply If I can do it anybody can, Gwyn, 01-May-03 03:25 PM, #3
Reply I too had this experiance. It was great., GinGa, 06-May-03 08:05 AM #5
Reply A few more things..., Intronan, 20-Apr-03 09:56 AM, #2
Reply RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who rol..., Yanoreth, 20-Apr-03 12:25 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #111 Previous topic | Next topic