Subject: "RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who role-play" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #111
Show all folders

YanorethSun 20-Apr-03 12:25 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112, "RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who role-play"

>Here's a question I have directed at the IMMs.
>I was a CF veteran mostly pre-purge and a year after ..around
>..'94/'97??

Welcome back!

>So the question is this: How would you react to a player who
>rp's but doesn't quite yet know the layout/lands/eq of the
>mud.

Our focus is really more on the roleplay than the gameplay knowledge when characters are still lower level. It's a lot like riding a bicycle, though. Once you've learned it, the learning curve is that much easier the second time around. I expect that you'll sound a lot like a pro once you get into the mid levels when you would be doing things like earning tattoos or questy things.

> If I need to 'know everything' before i start gaining
>favor of the IMMs (cabals/empowerment/etc)then i may not play.
> I don't have THAT much to time to kill.

Most cabals do not involve immortal induction. You just have to convince a mortal leader. Empowerment is definitely about the roleplaying rather than the game knowledge. If you don't know where the god's shrine is, you can always seek out an appropriate spot, pray, and see if you get guidance as to where the true place of worship is.

We've got a lot of new things to help newbies these days. Take advantage of them while you're relearning the ropes, and I think you'll find you get back into the thick of things easily.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAttn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who role-pl... [View all] , geezer, Sat 19-Apr-03 11:30 PM
Reply RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who rol..., Sabiene, 04-May-03 08:33 PM, #4
Reply If I can do it anybody can, Gwyn, 01-May-03 03:25 PM, #3
Reply I too had this experiance. It was great., GinGa, 06-May-03 08:05 AM, #5
Reply A few more things..., Intronan, 20-Apr-03 09:56 AM, #2
Reply RE: Attn:Immortals - attitude regarding newbies who rol..., Yanoreth, 20-Apr-03 12:25 AM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #111 Previous topic | Next topic