Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Serene ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50372
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-Aug-06 08:12 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50372, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Serene Lord of Reason"

Mon Aug 28 08:07:38 2006

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Dalteric perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:56
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:1979

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Dalteric, 31-Aug-06 07:52 AM, #9
Reply I think the contests really did help, Yhorian (Guest), 31-Aug-06 08:57 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., nepenthe, 31-Aug-06 09:31 AM, #11
Reply Hypocrite. :P n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 31-Aug-06 10:07 AM, #12
Reply Ok, you got me., nepenthe, 31-Aug-06 10:50 AM, #13
     Reply Heh...n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:03 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Dalteric, 31-Aug-06 11:10 AM, #14
     Reply Holy #### #### ####er, Tac, 31-Aug-06 11:13 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Graatchman (Guest), 31-Aug-06 11:17 AM, #16
     Reply I SOOO knew this...., (NOT Pro), 31-Aug-06 12:24 PM, #17
     Reply ... formerly known as Ishmael? :p nt, Marcus_, 31-Aug-06 12:37 PM, #18
     Reply No way, Ishie? nt, thinnie (Guest), 31-Aug-06 01:47 PM, #20
     Reply Holy....yeh that is a surprise. Awesome., Lightmaged (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:05 PM, #22
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Caecus_ (Guest), 31-Aug-06 06:13 PM, #23
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Lyristeon, 31-Aug-06 07:38 PM, #24
     Reply Too many years, and too many beers..., Gnarugk, 01-Sep-06 01:53 AM, #27
Reply Rats! I liked those role contests!, Saroiya (Guest), 31-Aug-06 01:11 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., A2, 31-Aug-06 08:02 PM, #25
Reply Colour my Hairy Arse both sad and Impressed, Ysaloerye, 31-Aug-06 09:36 PM, #26
Reply Bah!, Grysh (Guest), 29-Aug-06 11:25 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., Jeir (Guest), 29-Aug-06 12:16 PM, #6
Reply One thing about Dalteric..., (NOT Pro), 29-Aug-06 03:11 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..., ordasen, 29-Aug-06 06:32 AM, #5
Reply So is anyone going to talk about this elephant?~, Pro-man (Guest), 28-Aug-06 09:54 PM, #4
Reply Healer?, (NOT Pro), 28-Aug-06 10:08 AM, #3
Reply You have got to be joking..., Inthulnizra (Guest), 28-Aug-06 08:54 AM, #1
     Reply if it shows as a deletion here, there won't be a remort..., Splntrd, 28-Aug-06 09:31 AM, #2

DaltericThu 31-Aug-06 07:52 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50462, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #0

Good morning kids,

I felt I should say a little something as an aftermath to my time within immortaldom drawing to a close. I did very much enjoy my tenure over the last 15 or so months. Being one of those quasi-useless (in terms of area/coding) rp types, interacting with all of you through the monky religion and the tribunal cabal was a lot of fun. It was my hope that the religion would offer a different take on goodies that we didn’t quite have before. I had some really fine followers and interesting talks in my garden. I do think my favorite accomplishment, however, was the role contests. While I didn’t start them (go Cyradia), I very much enjoyed taking a hand in running them. In the course of my time here I did about 6 I think and I believe the quality of roles very much improved over that period and participation also seemed to go up some. Thank you all for working so hard on the roles.

Now to the part the bulk of you are skimming down for, reasons why I departed. Unfortunately for the dramatists, I have no plans to launch into a long rant lambasting x or y or anything of the sort. Simply, I found myself in a position where I felt it would be best for all involved that I part ways. I’m sure we’ve all been in that relationship situation; there are reasons to go, reasons to stay and ultimately you have to decide what will be best for all involved even if it is not at all easy. Beyond that, I am also a full-time employee, a student four nights a week and have the rest of “real life” as Shokai puts it.

I have played Carrionfields on and off for about a decade. Probably more on than off; it is the way of addictions. In that time I have tried other places, other games. None have ever compared. While my efforts in bettering the place are humble enough, I will always enjoy seeing that skill I suggested or title I wrote or item from an area I wrote/helped on. While I do not belong on the staff, I wish you and them all the best.

If anyone has a question or comment I will generally respond, unless I believe I shouldn’t (due to inappropriate nature, privacy issues, and other ethical concerns).

Best Regards,

The artist formerly known as Dalteric

p.s.
Question already posed and now answered:
Dalteric began as a warrior (with the whole monk vibe) but switched to healer so that when I blessed followers (or whatever else I cast on them) it showed up as a commune instead of a casting.

Yhorian (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 08:57 AM

#50463, "I think the contests really did help"
In response to Reply #9

Certainly, it gave people a great sense of competition role wise. I swear everyone's rp went up a notch.

I'm sure we'll see you about in the ol' fields, in some form.

Yhorian.

nepentheThu 31-Aug-06 09:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50465, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #9

You and I go way back, and it's a shame that the change in my work schedule meant that we almost never have run into each other in the last six months. I think you did a great job with everything you took on, and while I understand you doing what you have to do, I'm not happy about it.

If your situation changes down the road and you want to give it another go, you know how to get a hold of me, right?

I encourage you to mention who else you've been in the past -- I think it'll blow a lot of people away in a good way.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 10:07 AM

#50466, "Hypocrite. :P n/t"
In response to Reply #11

n/t

nepentheThu 31-Aug-06 10:50 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50468, "Ok, you got me."
In response to Reply #12

I'm now playing Drokalanatym, but in a previous imm life I was Nepenthe.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:03 PM

#50481, "Heh...n/t"
In response to Reply #13

n/t

DaltericThu 31-Aug-06 11:10 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50469, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #11

Since it is imp approved, I imagine you want the reveal not of the long list of mortals through the years but that technically I should have phrased my closing title: the artist formerly known as Dalteric formerly known as Astein?

TacThu 31-Aug-06 11:12 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50470, "Holy #### #### ####er"
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Thu 31-Aug-06 11:13 AM

I'm hoping the filtering catches all those, because color me very very suprised.

Edited to remove those it didn't catch.

Graatchman (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 11:17 AM

#50471, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #14

Well well well, that's funny. I remember when you and I were heroimms together, you as Astein and me as Scaurus I think. I had heroimm'd about two weeks before you, and I remember the day you were heroimm'd you were sooooo nervous. Then a week or two later while we were sitting around in the gathering room you were telling me how you totally thought you wouldn't ever make it beyond 51, you were entirely afraid to go talk to Pico or any of the others about your area idea, etc.

Anyway, it's nice to see people around from those days, even if you're leaving. If you ever want to shoot the ####, feel free to drop me an email, mbeckman@msn.com works.

Good luck with, well, life.

Pro (inactive user)Thu 31-Aug-06 12:24 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #14

Well that's a lie,I had no clue. I do have a log somewhere with you smirking in it...

I'm almost possitive....

Marcus_Thu 31-Aug-06 12:37 PM
681 posts
#50476, "... formerly known as Ishmael? :p nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

thinnie (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 01:47 PM

#50478, "No way, Ishie? nt"
In response to Reply #18

Can't be.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:05 PM

#50482, "Holy....yeh that is a surprise. Awesome."
In response to Reply #14

Thanks for all the role contests you ran. It made me want to write up cool roles instead of the typical three liners.

Nice job.

Caecus_ (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 06:13 PM

#50500, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #14

>Since it is imp approved, I imagine you want the reveal not
>of the long list of mortals through the years but that
>technically I should have phrased my closing title: the artist
>formerly known as Dalteric formerly known as Astein?

Ha, cool. Great to see you again. Roll up another mort.

LyristeonThu 31-Aug-06 07:38 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#50502, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #14

Dalteric and I pretty much came up through the ranks together in imm land. He gave me hints as to when he played and I was given three chances to guess who he was. Like most of you, I was completely wrong. He is such a *nice* guy and Astein had such a *not nice* guy persona that I was totally blown away when he finally told me a few days ago. Yes, for 18 months I had no idea who is last immortal was and he and I spoke all the time. I like to think that we got along great. I didn't envy his job. Don't get me wrong. I love the concept of the Tribunal cabal and think it is one of the most important out there. But, it is mentally draining. I want to thank you for picking that burden up after I killed off Bria, Niryaza and Lorhan. I forget what we did with Velkurah, but I am sure I set his tail on fire a few times as well. I would definitely be on the Astein/Dalteric bandwagon with a yes vote if you felt like coming back some time down the road.

GnarugkFri 01-Sep-06 01:52 AM
Member since 13th Sep 2005
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#50512, "Too many years, and too many beers..."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Fri 01-Sep-06 01:53 AM

I vaguely recall deleting my HeroImm because of some (imagined?)argument with Astein. Having put a few years, and perhaps a bit of maturity, between now and then...I'd just like to say thank you for what you contributed to CF. I really hope that you'll come back someday. I remember seeing you at hero, decked out, in Galadon when I was a relatively wet-behind-the-ears newbie and knowing from how you spoke and presented yourself that you were destined to be a significant part of the game. I never really imagined it would be like it was. Well done, and you'll be missed. So will countless hours of plagues and smiting(when I thought I was getting wise). Thanks.

Cartherlen

Saroiya (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 01:11 PM

#50477, "Rats! I liked those role contests!"
In response to Reply #9

CF has definetly lost some of its luster with your deletion. I am thankful for having had the opportunity to interact with and follow you. I will always look back fondly upon my times in the Garden and I doubt that I shall ever again have an empowerment character that will match or exceed my Saroiya experience. I miss your presence already and hope that one day you take Nepenthe up on his offer.

All the best,
the Player behind Saroiya.

A2Thu 31-Aug-06 08:02 PM
371 posts
#50503, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #9

The affect the role contest alone had on the playerbase in such a positive way was HUGE. Regardless of who started it, you really ran with it. I didn't deal with Dalteric or Astein (though I've been around for both), but in my opinion this is a big hit to the staff. Good luck with the other stuff.

YsaloeryeThu 31-Aug-06 09:36 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#50506, "Colour my Hairy Arse both sad and Impressed"
In response to Reply #9

Like most others I'm sad to see you go, but understand and respect your decision to do so.
First up thanks for all the help/laughs ect in the Gathering room.

Second. ASTEIN! Sonofa! Great job! Most people hated your char, personally I loved him. You gave me more than my fair share of plagues, cabal reamings and cabal tossings. Everytime I played a trib and you would vis in the spire I would get that cold knot in my stomach thinking "f**k I didn't do anything wrong did I?" A couple of times I had =0p

Anyway good luck with everything!

Grysh (Guest)Tue 29-Aug-06 11:25 PM

#50422, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #0

You were so awesome it's sick. Made me want to go buy you a beer. If you're ever in Montreal, look me up dude.

Good luck with everything.
Dylan

Jeir (Guest)Tue 29-Aug-06 12:16 PM

#50416, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #0

Ouch man, ouch. Well this flat out sucks. My only succesful-ish empowerment character in almost nine years and my god up and leaves. Well, I'm sure you have your reasons, but this sucks in any case. Thanks for the interaction, I was never sure how to read you. If you end up replying, I'd like to know if you thought I was doing a good job. I got a good idea for some transition, so we'll see how that turns out. Anyways, good luck in whatever, and from what I've heard and experienced the playerbase is losing a good interaction imm, and I'm sure you did plenty behind the scenes. Have a good one man.

Pro (inactive user)Tue 29-Aug-06 03:11 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #6

I couldn't tell if he was AFK half the time. =P

ordasenTue 29-Aug-06 06:32 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#50415, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dalteric the Ascetic Monk, Ser..."
In response to Reply #0

Hasta chief, I knew you sort of fell out of place this go around and once Cyradia left you seem to be even more to your self. Keep in touch man, I always did enjoy talking to you and pulling a knife on you during dinner!

Chris
yarter@tampabay.rr.com

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 28-Aug-06 09:54 PM

#50408, "So is anyone going to talk about this elephant?~"
In response to Reply #0

?

Pro (inactive user)Mon 28-Aug-06 10:08 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

I always pictured you as a mountain top martial artist.

I had a few paladins dedicated to you.

Kyn being my favorite. Try as I might I never understood your religion at all.

Our interactions were always okay. Except when you sorta busted my chops with Kyn and I deleted.

Anyway. Next to Aarn, I've had more Paladins with you. (You beat Coorlaan out BTW.)

Well crap that leaves me with Well..pretty much Coorlaan.

Ah well.

Inthulnizra (Guest)Mon 28-Aug-06 08:54 AM

#50373, "You have got to be joking..."
In response to Reply #0

I hope you are Re-Immorting. You are one of the better roleplaying IMM's ive seen going. I really liked our interaction with a certain paladin on that hill. It was really well done.

SplntrdMon 28-Aug-06 09:31 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
#50377, "if it shows as a deletion here, there won't be a remort..."
In response to Reply #1

Splntrd

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50372 Previous topic | Next topic