Subject: "I'm gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50429
Show all folders

Morior (Guest)Wed 30-Aug-06 10:23 AM

#50429, "I'm gone."

I've got other stuff to do with college coming up, and I probably would have deleted him soon anyway. Besides, I didn't see anywhere else for this character to go - I didn't really feel like clawing all the way back to Warmaster. The powers are nifty, but not THAT nifty. Besides, I thought I'd let someone else get warmaster then. Besides, Empire does have far too many people right now.

Previous characters of mine include a long line of fortie heroes: Bliggy, Dinian, Silvellien, Enniallien, and a bunch of evils that weren't particularly significant. This was my first try at a cabaled evil.

Alright, Morior was my first Imperial hero, and I had a helluva time trying to figure out the promotion/demotion system: there should definitely be a little helpfile or guide or whatever for it. I wasn't trying for any standout or remarkable RP - he was supposed to be a self-serving thug who didn't much care for the Empire, but rather wanted power and used the Empire as a means to get it. Maybe next character I'll try something interesting, but for now I was just learning the limits of what I could do and what I could not.

I tried to be a good enemy, even though I think it conflicted with my role at times. I just don't like the concept of always full looting my kills, it just makes the victim waste 2 hours regearing and be more determined to full loot me. And even returning a bit of my enemy's stuff wasn't always possible, which often made me sad =(

Oh, and fighting villagers was retarded for a melee'er who didn't know any preps. Only way I could kill them was by ganging. I don't like ganging villagers a lot, BUT if I have no chance at beating them alone I won't bother. Sorry. I have a whole rant on villagers that I'm not going to bother with now.

Speaking from a pure pk perspective, spear/dagger was an interesting way to go. The problem was, with 16 int, it took me forever and a day to perfect my skills, which meant that up until level 48-49 I couldn't use daggers in PK at all without being practically guranteed to die. Which meant that most of my fights were with a spear equipped, and the most boring set of commands ever. Spears are boring as hell to rank with and not that much better to PK with. Imperial offense made spears surprisingly useful, and I could out-melee a lot of people, but I was still meat for most warriors.

Once I got my daggers up I was a little bit deadlier, but RNG still ####ed me up on occasion. I remember these two duels with Yuvralin where he didn't have the head, but I missed hurl torso something like 4 times in a row and he ended up pincering me to death where I'd hoped the strength loss would own him like it owned most of the other axe specs I fought.

I was pretty happy with my legacies: Forsaken thoughts + daggers made meat of any shamans/paladins I fought, and space between heartbeats surprised me with how nice it was, even though it never really shifted the outcome of a fight. I kinda wished more opponents would spam where. Like four fortie paladins deleted the moment I hit 44, though, so I never really got to test Forsaken the way I wanted to.

One thing I think a lot of people might have noticed was that I died a lot more than a sect leader should. I *believe* it was mostly because in about half my raids I was hitting enemy inners with Skiltore and Mmumma, and due to a serious absence of dam redux I was by far and away the easiest to kill. I can see why everyone hates entwine at the destructor. I died to entwine a lot. Blech. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I killed more than I died.

Before I mastered my daggers, I was meat for a lot of people. Spear specs aren't as tough as you might think, and assassins and entwiners in general would have no trouble owning me. I hate entwine.

Onto goodbyes (I know I'm going to forget some of you, so go ahead and post and I'll respond)

EMPIRE

Grurk: Pfft. I like what you've done with the Empire, but that was harsh at the end there. No offense, I'm sure you had to do something with that hardass role of yours, but I honestly believe if you were in my place, had three sanced warriors versus a fully prepped bard at the watcher, you still wouldn't have won either. Probably wouldn't have died stupidly like I did, but you wouldn't have won. All three of us hitting him for ten, fifteen rounds never got him under bleeding wounds, and I can't think of any set of commands that would have killed the bard unless RNG was absolutely perfectly on our side.

Skiltore: A lot better than I was, that was clear. Bards are really popular these days, and you play a really tough one. I enjoyed running around with you and Mmumma and letting some of your elite knowledge rub off on me ^^

Mmumma: I liked you. Thanks for the occasional tip on prepping and for all the times we ran around together.

Lafashya: My money's on you for warmaster, you played a very interesting (and attention-getting) character, and you threw yourself headlong into Empire politics. I had fun with all of our interactions, and laughed my pants off at times =)

Zhaltum: Thanks for showing me the silent tower! w00t! That place is scary. Exploring stuff like that on my own has never really appealed to me. I'm not an explorer: I'm a rabid suicidal chipmunk who likes PK and doesn't understand prepping.

Ibcade: Nice. Two promotions in one day. You are right, though, it was a poor matchup. Giant resist and wallop, man, twas le overpowar.

Valryn: Were you TRYING to alienate me? =P A very competent thief.

Nhii(whatever): Only other shadow I liked. I've no idea why, you just spring to mind as one thats often around and often useful.

Barelon: Being a trannie is difficult, you do it well. I still wouldn't fight a villager with spellbane, though.

Craglork: I couldn't understand what the hell you were saying half the time, but you were still cool to run around with ^^ some good fights, some good times.

Fuerchaer: I wanted to promote you, sorry I couldn't. Good character. Why are minotaurs always better RPed than me?

Enemies:

Brulgor: I hate entwine. I wanted to fight you after I mastered my daggers, but looks like it wasn't meant to be. Props on being anathema for so long and sticking it out, looks tough as hell.

Gistle: Cool character. Disrupts'r scary =(

Mez: my hands down favorite enemy. You were crazy as all hell, but in a good way. I think. ^^

Landren: Too much honor. Some fights you can't win alone, dude, and I'm pretty sure a duergar dagger spec with forsaken thoughts is one of them.

Crukra: I liked fighting you.

Chyraixtha: Poor bastard. Rank faster, run faster.

Lucan: Fun fights. I didn't like you deleting =(

Yuvralin: I must've died to you and Brulgor ten times because of entwine. Gah. If you had the head, there was nothing I could do, you would kill me. There is nothing I can do against entwine/wie axe/call bloodthirst. If you didn't have the head I could kill you, but for some reason my hurls kept missing in those duels. It made me very angry =P

Merrwyn: Tough villager. Must suck for you right now, cause about 60% of the time we have the head and you can't do anything about it because there are about 3814971984 imperial heroes right now. When you have the head, though, fighting you changes from not too difficult to wtf BS. I remember helping Valryn fight you, I had you bleeding two different ways and you still healed up to full via field dressing and bind wounds while running around in Aldevari. Ugh.

Kuchu: Only villager I was sure I couldn't beat. I could bleed you, but I couldn't beat you alone.

Tirvak: Only tough when you have the head, man. You killed me a few times, but thats to be expected. I didn't have my daggers, then, and a few lucky partingblow deathblows are all you need.

Marigue: You looted my preps, so I looted your preps. Imagine my surprise when I that instead of a bunch of black roots and stuff, I found dozens of potions and crap that I had no idea existed. Including four hastes. I kinda felt guilty about that, but YOU STARTED IT! =(

Merenwen: fighting paladins was teh fun!

Jeir: See above!

Those I forgot, I apologize in advance. Post and I'll respond.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI'm gone. [View all] , Morior (Guest), Wed 30-Aug-06 10:23 AM
Reply RE: I'm gone., Dellian (Guest), 31-Aug-06 08:24 PM, #16
Reply RE: I'm gone., Grurk Muouk, 30-Aug-06 06:11 PM, #5
Reply I'm still mad!, Morior (Guest), 30-Aug-06 07:18 PM, #6
     Reply Clarification:, Morior (Guest), 30-Aug-06 07:19 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Clarification:, Grurk Muouk, 30-Aug-06 08:00 PM, #8
               Reply What I would have done..., Bard (Guest), 30-Aug-06 08:44 PM, #9
               Reply Never underestimated the power of Dash! nt, Tac, 30-Aug-06 09:07 PM, #10
               Reply Well..., Morior (Guest), 30-Aug-06 09:40 PM, #11
                    Reply Responses, Skiltore (Guest), 30-Aug-06 10:36 PM, #12
                         Reply We weren't fighting him at inner, Morior (Guest), 31-Aug-06 10:12 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Clarification:, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Aug-06 06:49 AM, #13
                    Reply Actually..., Guest2 (Guest), 31-Aug-06 05:25 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Actually..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Aug-06 09:38 PM, #17
                              Reply RE: Actually..., Guest2 (Guest), 01-Sep-06 02:02 AM, #18
Reply Right on about the dam redux, Gerandiel (Guest), 30-Aug-06 05:56 PM, #4
Reply RE: I'm gone., Gistle (Guest), 30-Aug-06 04:22 PM, #3
Reply I liked your general enthusiasm, Skiltore (Guest), 30-Aug-06 12:51 PM, #1
     Reply I knew I wasn't cut out to be warmaster, Morior (Guest), 30-Aug-06 02:05 PM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50429 Previous topic | Next topic