Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of the J..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108778
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 13-May-12 12:28 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2024
16822 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108778, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of the Jaguar"

Sun May 13 10:24:54 2012

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Vozmuir perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:412

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ignore the trash. I liked Vozzy., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 24-May-12 12:14 PM, #58
Reply TMNS started a thread recently about why you love CF, _Magus_, 16-May-12 12:33 AM, #30
Reply You missed the part where this is a RP mud., Rogue, 16-May-12 01:23 AM, #31
Reply Hilarious coming from Rogue., Vortex Magus, 16-May-12 04:32 AM, #32
Reply You have no credibility., Rogue, 16-May-12 05:15 AM, #35
     Reply RE: You have no credibility., Daevryn, 16-May-12 07:29 AM, #40
          Reply RE: You have no credibility., Rogue, 16-May-12 07:34 AM, #41
Reply BUT YOU ARE JUST A WEE LAD, Oldril, 16-May-12 06:51 AM, #37
Reply I liked Vozmuir a lot., Vallinane (Anonymous), 16-May-12 04:47 AM, #33
Reply Add me to the list of haters! I try not to do the whole..., Lhydia, 16-May-12 05:10 AM, #34
Reply Great post, but one slight thing, Puhguly, 16-May-12 05:35 AM, #36
Reply I agree with a lot of points you make, Oldril, 16-May-12 06:56 AM, #38
Reply Never knew you cared., Abernyte, 16-May-12 07:27 AM, #39
Reply Of course my RP post upset you., Gaplemo, 16-May-12 08:21 AM, #42
Reply You seem to get off on judging other people..., k-b, 16-May-12 10:20 AM, #44
     Reply Practice what you preach, Gaspar, 16-May-12 11:14 AM, #47
     Reply Sorry, I don't sugar coat my posts. Ever., Gaplemo, 16-May-12 01:48 PM, #54
Reply Thank you, Rayihn, 16-May-12 08:39 AM, #43
Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Malakhi, 16-May-12 10:37 AM, #45
Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 16-May-12 11:10 AM, #46
     Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Malakhi, 16-May-12 11:51 AM, #48
          Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Daevryn, 16-May-12 12:45 PM, #49
               Reply Enough. Seriously. Enough., Tsunami, 16-May-12 01:03 PM, #51
               Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Malakhi, 16-May-12 01:34 PM, #52
Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Narissorin. (Anonymous), 16-May-12 01:00 PM, #50
Reply RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..., Yargy (Anonymous), 16-May-12 01:44 PM, #53
     Reply Off topic, but Gareeyal...., Rayihn, 16-May-12 01:55 PM, #55
          Reply RE: Off topic, but Gareeyal...., Yargy (Anonymous), 16-May-12 01:57 PM, #56
Reply This character really grew on me, Rayihn, 15-May-12 05:34 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..., Yargy (Anonymous), 14-May-12 08:52 PM, #22
Reply A shameless opposite self promotion...., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 15-May-12 12:12 AM, #23
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..., Illanthos, 15-May-12 05:51 PM, #28
Reply Trash talking aside, good character., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 14-May-12 05:34 PM, #16
Reply Nothing wrong with that from an rp standpoint, Artificial, 14-May-12 05:39 PM, #17
     Reply This was after he said he didn't need any help., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 14-May-12 05:44 PM, #18
     Reply Just an FYI, lasentia, 15-May-12 07:16 AM, #24
          Reply I'm aware there's other sources of sanc., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 15-May-12 09:05 AM, #26
     Reply I have really grown to like the imm persona of Baerinik..., laxman, 14-May-12 05:59 PM, #19
          Reply Not the experience I had, Artificial, 14-May-12 06:02 PM, #20
               Reply laxman was probably neutral, that's why. nt, Dallevian, 15-May-12 08:27 AM, #25
                    Reply scion conjie, orc, and cloud nexan all got same treatme..., laxman, 15-May-12 07:31 PM, #29
Reply Great job Magus., TMNS, 14-May-12 05:02 PM, #15
Reply What a C0CK!, Abernyte, 14-May-12 04:11 AM, #13
Reply You were just plain awful on three characters I interac..., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 14-May-12 01:23 AM, #12
Reply So much vitriol..., Illanthos, 13-May-12 07:56 PM, #8
Reply You didn't have to deal with the bitterness, Artificial, 13-May-12 08:51 PM, #9
Reply RE: So much vitriol..., Daevryn, 13-May-12 10:21 PM, #10
     Reply Ask Body spray, Gaspar, 13-May-12 10:41 PM, #11
     Reply Weredouche - new favorite word, NoobAgain, 14-May-12 01:46 PM, #14
     Reply I think it says a lot the player is not claiming this c..., Oldril, 14-May-12 06:18 PM, #21
     Reply RE: So much vitriol..., reject0, 17-May-12 08:37 AM, #57
Reply Never liked this character, Rogue, 13-May-12 07:13 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..., Borkahd, 13-May-12 06:43 PM, #6
Reply Definitely magus, Gaplemo, 13-May-12 03:41 PM, #5
Reply After interacting with and against you over 3 different..., Amberion, 13-May-12 02:07 PM, #3
Reply He went Fist this time to be more reliant on pincer sta..., Artificial, 13-May-12 02:09 PM, #4
Reply Did you lose pincer staff, Magus? nt, Artificial, 13-May-12 01:24 PM, #2
Reply I really hope this wasn't over the hummingbird pendants..., Iklahn (Anonymous), 13-May-12 12:54 PM, #1

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Thu 24-May-12 12:14 PM
Charter member
#109003, "Ignore the trash. I liked Vozzy."
In response to Reply #0

You were around a lot when I was. I wish the Balance could have allowed us to travel together more. Your build is something that I'd try myself, with the exception of a few tweaks. Overall, I didn't see a lack of RP when we spoke, or travelled together.

_Magus_Wed 16-May-12 12:33 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108862, "TMNS started a thread recently about why you love CF"
In response to Reply #0

I can tell you the only thing that keeps me from loving CF are pretty much all the people who had negative things to say about this character: Gaplemo, Abernyte, Rogue, Artificial, Amberion, etc. etc.

It seems like you people want to claim your sh*t doesn't stink. But you guys are the SOLE cause of all the hatred and vitrol on the forums. Any time anything negative is said, it always comes from one of you pricks. The OOC sh*t you guys spread makes it extremely unfun to actually play a character. So when I start seeing your b*tch fests, the only thing I can think is, d*mn, I hope I get to kill their character in the game. Then that is all I become focused on. And then I lose sight of what is really important to me in the game. I think the biggest hypocrite recently is Gaplemo, who started a ridiculous thread about how other people should RP: http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,934146,934191#msg-934191

No. Your forum rants and general hateful attitude towards anyone who you don't like is what will eventually be the end of CF.

CF has been and always will be heavily PK focused. Not everyone has to have stellar roleplay. Having a PK oriented character is completely viable, regardless of what your stupid f*cking opinion is.

Likely if you were an ally of Vozmuir, you got to see a lot of good moments--because there were a lot of them, whether the a**holes on these forums want to believe that or not. When I am playing a character focused on war, I do exactly that. You are either my ally, or you are the enemy. And that is a completely legitimate option in this game. I don't have to talk to you if you are my enemy; on the contrary, I try to display an actual disdain for my enemies. It just seems like people critique this sort of playstyle negatively, because they want all hugs and kisses from a Fortress player. But I felt like peanut gallery pegged me as Magus, and then they had a bone to pick with me, or nitpick my character, or try to make slanderous comments at any chance they got. I'm only human. When the negative nancy hypocrite jerkoffs start their bullsh*t on the forums, I feel the need to retaliate in the game. And then my game becomes all about stress relieving PK to me. Which I really end up not enjoying, because then my mindset is very retributive in the game.

If you guys would just shut the f**k up on the forums, and let people play their game, then CF would be a much better place. Your puke all over the forums is way worse than anything I ever do in the game (including killing Narissorin in the Seantryn Modan spikes).

I had a lot of fun with this character, and I'd like to think all of my allies enjoyed my company, too. But of course very few of them decided to speak up.

I wanted to post some goodbyes. But once again, I have no desire to. I contemplated between posting this or not posting anything at all. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me and my views, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I've decided to share mine.

The one farewell I will conclude this with is Baerinika.

There was a time when I didn't really like your forum personna. And there was a time when I believed in the forum rumors, and thought you used your marital status to reap Imm/Staff rewards. But then I grew up. One of the things I have changed about my approach to playing CF, is reading the forums less (I never go to the OT board anymore, for example. I come on here to read a battlefield thread here and there, and I never partake in any of the long, slanderous posts anymore, because frankly, it is absolutely exhausting and kills my CF mood very often.

So I wanted to leave whatever preconceived notions I had about you in the dust. And what I found was one of the richest CF experiences I've had the pleasure of partaking in. The only critique I had, is that I felt you already knew who I was. That aside, you were very responsive, willing to work with not only me, but all of your followers equally, and always there to back your people up. Ferrying you around CF looking for those instruments was a great time. And then the subsequent Herald party afterwards. You put a lot of effort into a character that had some bad moments, and helped turn things into good moments.

I honestly don't know how you find the time and energy to do a lot of the things you do for this game. And for whatever it may be worth, you have my two thumbs up. Should you someday decide to leave CF, the game will be losing a tremendous asset that I hope everyone else gets to see.

RogueWed 16-May-12 01:23 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108863, "You missed the part where this is a RP mud."
In response to Reply #30

Obviously.

To quote Kurbrawn since the forum rules don't matter apparently

"You should kill yourself. I'm not buying your jewelry. You suck. "

####ty character, fair weather RP, and you should've been made neutral.

Vortex MagusWed 16-May-12 04:32 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#108866, "Hilarious coming from Rogue."
In response to Reply #31

I considered Vozmuir much higher quality than your characters. Even though he certainly had his crap moments and broke RP and pissed off people around him, they still weren't nearly as obvious or ridiculous as your own.

RogueWed 16-May-12 05:14 AM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108869, "You have no credibility."
In response to Reply #32
Edited on Wed 16-May-12 05:15 AM

Pretty much everything you post is hate speech.

Thanks though.

The only reason anyone has anything positive to say about vozmuir, is for PK ability. That's it. This only further backs up my post.

DaevrynWed 16-May-12 07:29 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#108874, "RE: You have no credibility."
In response to Reply #35

> The only reason anyone has anything positive to say about vozmuir, is for PK ability. That's it.

I'm mostly in the "not a fan" column (let it be noted: Baer and I really don't agree about everything) but this isn't fair. Vozmuir's RP could be legitimately good a lot of the time, even if that didn't hold up in all cases.

I stick by the notion that people who saw good in him are right in a sense and people who saw crap in him are right too. It all depended on who you were and what circumstances you caught him in.

Although I was legitimately surprised to not see that much of the former in this thread.

RogueWed 16-May-12 07:34 AM
718 posts
#108875, "RE: You have no credibility."
In response to Reply #40

#### this isn't fair.

I had my life threatened by Vozmuir, my Paladin, as a lowbie, and was put on ignore, for simply suggesting he not spill blood in Hamsah, and was more or less told I was no better than the evil he hunts.

As a Baerinika paladin wanna be back in the day, I'm suprised he even got away with that mentality in the first place.

You guys let him get away with waaaaaaay more crap than he ever should have, and the only thing that isn't fair, is that he wasn't hit with the neutral stick. It's #### and you know it.

OldrilWed 16-May-12 06:51 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108871, "BUT YOU ARE JUST A WEE LAD"
In response to Reply #31

And you have the nerve to talk about RP?

Get a life loser.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Wed 16-May-12 04:44 AM
Charter member
#108867, "I liked Vozmuir a lot."
In response to Reply #30
Edited on Wed 16-May-12 04:47 AM

One of the very, VERY few forties who could be depended on to do the right thing at the right time, consistently. This is extremely, extremely rare in the Fortress. Vallinane, playing a particularly squishy build and pushing the limit with 93 deaths, was exquisitely sensitive to the mistakes of people he was working with, and it was a huge relief to be working with someone like Vozzy who wouldn't get Vallinane killed or throw away simple, routine kills on enemies all the time.

Interestingly enough, having worked with Vozmuir for hundreds of hours, I didn't see nearly as much vitriol as he is getting here. I saw much worse from several other recently deleted characters, and these guys received much less hatred. I was definitely privy to at least two of Vozmuir's breakdowns, including one really bad one over strange bracers, but CF has seen far worse in its time, and I got the sense that most of his enemies were exaggerating their problems because they had personal issues with him (butthurt?), rather than legitimate ones.

LhydiaWed 16-May-12 05:10 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2381 posts
#108868, "Add me to the list of haters! I try not to do the whole..."
In response to Reply #30

This guy was absolutely horrible typical Magus, the only reason you got any love at was specifically because you followed Baer and she <3's most followers (Not a complaint or necessarily a bad thing from her end).

PuhgulyWed 16-May-12 05:35 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#108870, "Great post, but one slight thing"
In response to Reply #30

The whole "you are either ally or enemy" thing doesn't really work quite as flawless with a good align. Being good by default sets you up for needing to be a little bit more open minded when dealing with people, that is unless you are playing a neutral in a goodie suit.

OldrilWed 16-May-12 06:56 AM
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108872, "I agree with a lot of points you make"
In response to Reply #30

But instead of showing us how it could be done correctly, you created a character who went after neutrals for gear, despite being a Maran.

So take your own advice and quit acting like your #### doesn't stink.

I am so tired of players who seem to only play murder-everything characters no matter what role they are playing.

I think your Baerinika comments show you have grown up though a lot as you say. Now take those next few steps and dont pull quasi-OOC nans with your characters and to me you'd be one of the best CF has to offer.

For what its worth I have my own flaws as a player with OOC meltdowns and I too will be working on them.

AbernyteWed 16-May-12 07:27 AM
972 posts
#108873, "Never knew you cared."
In response to Reply #30

because I honestly don't have a problem with 'Magus' the player and I am one of the few people who doesn't even try to work out who is playing who but it seems you are if you were looking for my characters to exact some sort of non-existent revenge.

I thought Vozmuir was a cock and that was it. I fought you plenty of times as Vokharin, my evil outlander shifter and I did not post any reflective comments from Vokharin to you in this death thread. Voz jumped Vokharin plenty of times when I was fighting others and/or raiding tribs etc but you were a Maran and I expect it when they are looking for kills.

I honestly don't care that much about you as a player and what you do but I did chuckle at the 'vitriol' spewed by good players then being backed up by Daevryn and Imm comments showing that you were milking Immteraction when it suits and being a douche at other times. I am paraphrasing but these are not my words as I just thought that you (and if the gnome mage looted stuff that was useless to him as a shifter) pulled a cock move. Even my evils who loot drop the stuff I replace it with.

Anyway, thanks for caring.

GaplemoWed 16-May-12 08:21 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#108876, "Of course my RP post upset you."
In response to Reply #30

It is VERY clear from other players comments here, and from even daevryns comments here that you treated your RP like a light switch. You turned it on and off. If you want to play that way, cool. But when you do that, and you act like a ####head, don't expect any praise from it, and expect criticism from the playerbase. CF has a small community, you will be judged weather you like it or not.

Absolutely nothing was different about this character compared to Zubei other than a red and gold aura. It was perfectly fine when you acted like this as Zubei, he was evil. You basically played an evil with a gold aura and got away with it for a long time.

My post was meant to help people improve their RP, because some of us don't play this mud like a first person shooter, racking as many numbers as humanly possible at any chance we get. But you're the all mighty Magus, you're a VET! You're above any criticism or advice anyone else could have, so we all better shut our mouths because its vile.

You can pk. I'll give you that. But your RP is severely lacking, and you can't deny it. You pulled bitch moves that were way outside the realm of goodie RP, you got called on it, quit getting all upset. You put yourself in this position by being a weredouche in the first place.

If your character was so good, 80% of your deaththread wouldn't be #### talking. Maybe you should step back, take an outside look, and admit to yourself you had serious faults. Take a look at Zynzyns death thread. Not a single person talked negative about him, and he was an evil bastard. So it's not just a vile community that trashes everyone. They trashed this character because he acted like trash. Play a solid roleplayed character with good PK skills, and nobody will be able to say anything bad about it.

Mind spoken for now, Gap out

k-bWed 16-May-12 10:20 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#108880, "You seem to get off on judging other people..."
In response to Reply #42

It really comes off as sad. In the last month, I'm pretty sure 90% of your posts on here and on QHCF have been pure vitrol/hatespeach/judgements. I'm just curious. What the #### gives you the right to judge someone else's character? You're no immortal. Hell, by your own recognition: your characters aren't even that good.

Basically what I'm saying is: go away. No one cares. You've seriously lost tons and tons of credability this last month or so, because everything you've said comes out as *cry* *whine* *cry* "Oh yeah.. Well.. Your character isn't as good as you think it was... Blah blah blah"

Go away. Vozmuir was correct. This game is much better without the lame/hater peanut-gallery who chime in on everyone's death threads.

For the record. I liked Vozmuir (even though he was kind-of a #### to me) and Onya respected the hell outta him. So not everyone thinks like you do. And by that I mean, most people don't.

Go away.

GasparWed 16-May-12 11:14 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#108883, "Practice what you preach"
In response to Reply #44

Gap gives his opinion, you don't agree with it by saying, "who are you to judge" and then insert

>For the record. I liked Vozmuir (even though he was kind-of a #### to >me) and Onya respected the hell outta him. So not everyone thinks like >you do. And by that I mean, most people don't.

Neat, your own opinion and judgement of character. Exactly what Gap did too!
You seem to think you can speak for everyone now? Who is "most people"?

Does that imply your out of character perma group? Or have you compiled a set data from unique forum posts made over a certain period of time regarding a single topic? I'm guessing the latter doesn't exist.

Daev is 100% correct. Everyone saw this character in a different light. You're BOTH backing up this opinion.

GaplemoWed 16-May-12 01:48 PM
618 posts
#108891, "Sorry, I don't sugar coat my posts. Ever."
In response to Reply #44

I say what I'm thinking. Not my fault in the last few months, there has been a lot of #### going on, more so than normal. I say what I see, I always have, I always will. I don't water down my posts for someones feelings.

And if you mean my characters suck by PK standards, well, I stopped playing this game like a first person shooter years and years and years ago. My roleplaying ability is way above the CF average and my exploring abilities are second to none. Who are you to say my characters suck when in general they far exceed the expectations in both those departments. To me, good characters are more than pk. Any idiot can type bash 2., pillar, drive target east, etc. Why don't you show me one character I have EVER done with a negative PBF. One character. Or even with a ####ty death thread for that matter? Aside from my hell trip healer that I deleted (deleted, not banned. Deleted) there has really never been a negative thread about one of my characters. Or a negative PBF. Generally, people like my characters. Hate if you want, but it's true. And it's not for the PK either, because I don't go after heavy PK, I make my characters enjoyable in other ways.

And I can criticize whoever the #### I want. I'm a long time CF player and an active part of this community. I have just as much of a right to speak my mind here as any immortal or player, and I didn't say anything that wasn't said by a dozen people here already. I've contributed to CF in plenty of ways, over plenty of years. Maybe you should go away if you don't like it, i'm not going anywhere, and I'm not going to #### foot around the elephant in the room when I post.

RayihnWed 16-May-12 08:39 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#108877, "Thank you"
In response to Reply #30

Honestly, I did not know who you were, and even up to the point where you posted this goodbye I still was pretty convinced you were someone else because I could not imagine you rolling a Baer follower. I'm really glad you did, however, and appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt.

As far as loving my followers goes - hell yes I love my followers. They're why I play this game, and I've been crazy fortunate over the last year to have gotten such quality, devoted characters to interact with.

Yeah, you had missteps for sure, and you knew when you screwed up. Baer's way isn't to punish or get angry with someone of the light when they screw up. To me, that's counter productive to what "being good aligned" means. Instead, she's going to be supportive and encouraging and ask that you do better next time, ask you how you can be better next time, and then help you get there. And I liked the steady friendship we developed over time. Dragging me out of the Ruin for the scavenger hunt was a good move, a lot of people don't realize what a recluse Baer really is. Herald events make her sweat. Err, glow.

Good luck on your next, don't let the haters get to you. (I know I'm in a poor position to give that advice, but I give it nonetheless.)

MalakhiWed 16-May-12 10:37 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108881, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #30

I agree, forum hater ####, particularly when it comes from former players, sucks and it is taking its toll on CF. That said, there are a couple people in this thread that seem driven by a desire to pass on constructive criticism, and you might be able to separate the wheat from the chaff (obviously that's hard when trolls pile on).

So I came on late in your career and missed out on the weredouche portion of it. Basically I saw you were a felar, took a look at your PK stats and fell out of my chair. I took a look at your legacies, and saw the eagle and pincer staves in your inventory and it all made sense .. Sort of. This is the type of combo armchair CF theorists opine about but never make happen - because it is damned hard to pull off with all the crap CF throws at you. Bravo. If you'd played a billion hours like Humbert, this would easily have been the best fort PKer since CF began keeping PK totals. Easily.

As for RP, I think a lot of the vitriol comes from your incredible PK success. Basically, people hold you to a higher standard than PK weaklings because your characters have more potential impact on the game and are highly visible.

One RP issue I was disappointed about was that I did not get to see what your end game was with respect to leading a more peaceful existence and stop killing as much (you sent a fort note about it a month ago). Where were you going with that, and did you abandon your plans? That may have been interesting.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Wed 16-May-12 11:10 AM
Charter member
#108882, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #45

>As for RP, I think a lot of the vitriol comes from your
>incredible PK success. Basically, people hold you to a higher
>standard than PK weaklings because your characters have more
>potential impact on the game and are highly visible.

You know, I was just going to let this thread go without posting, but at least one of us hated this character and thought it was a piece of #### and it had nothing to do with them be PK successful. Any asshole who refuses to fight without a healer attached at his hip(1) can be successful. Krunk hated Vozmuir because he was a fortman. I hated Vozmuir because the player was a pansy when he was alone, was willing to multi-kill my character(2) when he had numbers and was generally not fun to interact with in any way.

(1) This was obviously not everyone's experience, but it was certainly Krunk's. More than once Vozmuir quaffed when he was alone (no Illanthos, not necessarily no allies) or just held an orb of travel if Krunk actually managed to engage him. Of course when Krunk was level ~44, Vozmuir was more than willing to bash (seriously) Krunk down pursue him at every opportunity like the easy kill he was.

(2) Came, with Illanthos, to Ysigrath to hunt Krunk as he unghosted. This was not an accident.

I probably should have just let it go, but whatever... So glad that stupid elf caused all Vozmuir's gear to go poof with the slave. If anyone deserved a full loot, it was Vozmuir.

MalakhiWed 16-May-12 11:45 AM
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108884, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #46
Edited on Wed 16-May-12 11:51 AM

Would you have cared if his PK record was 1-60?

My point is when you are racking up 160 PKs on a good align, you draw attention and people hold you to a higher standard.

I can't comment on anything you said because I didn't see it It would definitely bother me to see that from an undisputed PK powerhouse. Whereas it would be kind of sad/comical/understandable coming from a PK weakling. I mean, I'd probably WANT the weakling to have a healer with him.

Sometimes it's a mixture of funny and irksome. One of my funniest/saddest moments in CF was when a trash-talker high-PK guy actually mob-suicided himself so he would fall out of my character's range Part of me thought it was pretty sad given his tough guy RP, but on the other hand, combo-wise he had no chance, at all, so it was understandable why he did it.

ETA: and one of my worst moments was when I got ganked by an elf binder thief and an ABS duergar AP with a big weapon, and then full looted by the merry team. If it'd been an elf and some sad sack AP, I probably would not have cared.

DaevrynWed 16-May-12 12:41 PM
11117 posts
#108885, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #48
Edited on Wed 16-May-12 12:45 PM

>Would you have cared if his PK record was 1-60?

Technically, someone with a 1-60 record can't farm you like the easy kill you are (which was one of the things commented on.) Or they become 2-60 and 3-60 and 4-60 in quick succession.

Edit: And I do think it's a pretty fair criticism of Vozmuir, because he was a character that on one hand was really willing to pile on terrible people (not that he wouldn't also fight terrible people solo, if not tougher ones) without much regard for how fun that was for them, but was also someone who when he was on the bad end of it was really quick to complain, more or less, about them ruining his fun.

I can respect the Isildurish sportsman types for what they are, and I can respect the Graatchish no quarter given expecting none types for what they are, but players who dish out a given behavior but have problems taking it back really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

TsunamiWed 16-May-12 01:01 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#108887, "Enough. Seriously. Enough."
In response to Reply #49
Edited on Wed 16-May-12 01:03 PM

You people have a SERIOUS problem. This is a TEXT based game. It's just meant for you to READ what is happening and attempt to WRITE appropriate responses and actions. What the hell are you people thinking? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with all of you? How old are we? Surely this game isn't a bunch of 2 year olds that can't hold their damned tongues. I really, really can't believe this nonsense has continued so far. It's like no one has learned. No one can grow up. Everyone is stuck in the two-year-old-glue-eatting phase. Sheesh.

"bad taste in my mouth"

STOP LICKING THE SCREEN! DUH.

EDIT: PS: And if you MUST lick the screen, at least clean the dust off a little more often.

MalakhiWed 16-May-12 01:34 PM
367 posts
#108889, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #49

Can't argue with that.

This, though, I take issue with:

>Technically, someone with a 1-60 record can't farm you like
>the easy kill you are (which was one of the things commented
>on.) Or they become 2-60 and 3-60 and 4-60 in quick
>succession.

One does not simply walk into the GSV and farm KrunktheOrc. In the GSV, Krunk farms YOU!

Narissorin. (Anonymous)Wed 16-May-12 01:00 PM
Charter member
#108886, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #30

I was really looking forward to getting even with you for that stunt you pulled with the Seantryn Modan spikes, but after that incident on March 11 the scant few times I saw you log on, you didn't stay logged on enough for anything to happen.

Oh well, let bygones be bygones I suppose, though for your next incarnation try to act like you know you are being watched ALL the time.

Yargy (Anonymous)Wed 16-May-12 01:44 PM
Charter member
#108890, "RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love C..."
In response to Reply #30

One thing, concerning the lack of IC vitriol that Vallinane mentioned is that it's not something you (should) bring up while the character is still active, nor is it something you (should) bring up IC.

Granted, as a goodie (a no-name elf, Gareeyal, if we're curious), I didn't notice the vitriol so much as the lack of RP depth, in regards to that he essentially ignored everyone in the Fortress 95% of the time unless they could help him gang someone down or provide some other service (Such as Illanthos).

I remember him, multiple times, brushing me off or just outright ignoring me from my days trying to get an interview up to my days as a Squire just trying to RP chat with him for a bit. It wasn't necessarily bad, it just sort of grated on me given that there appeared to be no depth to the character. It didn't appear to be the cold shoulder of a hardened Maran or the brusqueness of a jaded veteran or anything else. It felt like 'Hey, I, the player, don't do this sort of thing.'

I guess my problem at the root of it is that from my point of view, if I interacted with Vozmuir as Yarglen, Gareeyal, or anyone else I would have no idea what his alignment, ethos, or even a semblance of his roleplay if he didn't have a title/tattoo/ethos defining gear.

RayihnWed 16-May-12 01:55 PM
1147 posts
#108892, "Off topic, but Gareeyal...."
In response to Reply #53

That elven supremacy role is absolutely viable.

However, no one wanted to interact with you. You were just plain awful, especially when you started insulting half-drow Baer followers.

Meh.

Yargy (Anonymous)Wed 16-May-12 01:57 PM
Charter member
#108893, "RE: Off topic, but Gareeyal...."
In response to Reply #55

I won't deny that. He was not a very good character.

I let him fade away for a reason, just providing a name around which to base my evidence.

RayihnTue 15-May-12 05:34 PM
1147 posts
#108846, "This character really grew on me"
In response to Reply #0

Like a furry fungus that likes to loot. Truthfully, you were always pretty careful about what you did during Baer o'clock, and the next morning my husband would be like "Wheredouche knows your #, after 9 pm he did THIS and this!"

But eh, without being there I can only hold it against you so much. To me, this was a character who cared about his Goddess, the Fortress, and killin some evil bitches. I can only take a bunch of serial evil players complaining so seriously. Dijur did have a valid complaint though, you did sometimes put gear over morals. But we talked about that a lot IC.

I think my favorite Voz moment was one of my other followers asking you for some insight into the religion and you're like "Uhm, I prove my faith by killing evil, not really by talking." Kind of jackassed, but still perfect.

And if this was Magus...I'm baffled. Dude hates me. Maybe it's actually the most stellar RP effort CF has ever seen to have put all that aside to be nice to Baer? Who knows!

Yargy (Anonymous)Mon 14-May-12 08:52 PM
Charter member
#108822, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Vozmuir was tough, extremely so, which was good for Team Fort. You were a pillar of strength for them.

That said, it seemed to me that you went overkill. In nearly every aspect. Vuln weapon + proggy vuln suit against me really shouldn't necessitate calling Illanthos in just to twiddle his thumbs.

Furthermore your looting, you looted so so much that you, nor anyone of the light had any use for. But if we dropped you and took something from you....holy #### would you bitch about it nonstop.

Also, your kill on Dijur in the sewers (something I witnessed, as I was hoping to cherry pick you) at least from my point of view that was so far off base for goodie RP, and just a blind pursuit of gear. Really rubbed me the wrong way. I mean ####, not even Yarglen took a shot at Dijur just for the gear.

I had a fortress app that I hoped to get a different view of you with, but you basically brushed me off and ignored my attempts at seeing if there was any depth to your character and essentially refusing to interview me if there was literally anything else you could do.

Your roleplay was non existent and stale, at least from my perspective, and this character overall left a fairly bad taste in my mouth.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Tue 15-May-12 12:12 AM
Charter member
#108828, "A shameless opposite self promotion...."
In response to Reply #22

But gosh DAMN do I love how ####ing amazing your characters come across. You seriously have a gift that I wish everyone had of truly playing a character and not yourself.

As ####ty as I can be on the forums sometimes, totally admittedly. When I'm in game, I'm all game face, and you are totally above and beyond that... and you totally give life to CF with every character you make on CF and I hope you take that compliment with sincerity because it's so true.

IllanthosTue 15-May-12 05:51 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#108847, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..."
In response to Reply #22

People often dont just 'call me in'. They say they are going to fight someone, and I show up, even if they dont need me and I just end up twiddling my thumbs watching the PK go by with popcorn in hand. I have ways of telling when someone is getting beaten on without needing a tell...

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Mon 14-May-12 05:34 PM
Charter member
#108811, "Trash talking aside, good character."
In response to Reply #0

You trash talked nearly every chance you got because early on you whooped my ass 90% of the time. If I fled to you it meant I WOULD be hearing how weak I am or some bad sarcasm. Then once I get my skills up and I prepped for some fights I was able to make you flee and even kill you. When that's what the situation was, the trash talking turned into excuses. I won just because I had help or because someone gave me certain invoker shields. Yet I recall a time I challenged you to a duel when I was still somewhat of a chump, you showed up with sanc and kicked my ass. I say "hey, i thought it was suppose to be a fair duel and you show up with healer sups, what gives" and I was told something along the lines of it doesn't matter because the evil guy is dead. After that I didn't care for the character.

Basically you had some good moments, but for the most part you were a trash talking crybaby.

I will say however, later on you really calmed down and I saw little to no bitch-talking. I did hear from other characters that they had good interactions with you. Next time do more of that and less assholiness stuff. GLWYN

ArtificialMon 14-May-12 05:39 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#108812, "Nothing wrong with that from an rp standpoint"
In response to Reply #16

Baerinika doesn't care about honor, only evil killing.

Similar situation with Rindros. I challenged him to a fight to the death for the hell crown. Shows up with acid resist but no sanc. Starts losing and he calls in Illanthos. Oh well. I didn't fault it really.

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Mon 14-May-12 05:44 PM
Charter member
#108815, "This was after he said he didn't need any help."
In response to Reply #17

His healer buddy kept getting involved before so I said I would like to see him fight once without an aura and a healer by his side(I think I got like 2 fights with him on his own before this, and he fled then). Then he shows up with sanc to a duel after he just said he didn't need the help. Douche move, rp acceptable or not.

lasentiaTue 15-May-12 07:16 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#108833, "Just an FYI"
In response to Reply #18

You can get sanc without using another PC you know.
Not saying he did, but I am also saying you don't know for sure that he didn't. You don't want to make assumptions and base complaints/comments off of those.

When a rager challenged me to a solo fight, I could put up A/S stoneskin/haste/fly spiderhands enlarge/reduce and yes, even sanc if I wanted to, without getting anything from anyone. Usually I put up less because they would realize they had no chance and flee.

Oddly enough, a warrior can do all those things as well, he may not in every fight, but he has the ability to do so. People are going to stack fights in their favor- that is why the whole approach of "I challenge you to a duel" is sort of moronic. You're giving them a set fight they can then prep for, where they know where you are- so you're probably not keeping up preps all the time, while he puts everything up right before he engages.

The better way is to catch them when they're NOT expecting the fight, not prepped, and just stomp them in three rounds. Or run him around making him think you're terrified and just engaging every other hour or so just to see if any of his preps fell. Overconfidence gets many a person killed.

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Tue 15-May-12 09:05 AM
Charter member
#108837, "I'm aware there's other sources of sanc."
In response to Reply #24

He didn't deny it was Illanthos that sanc'd him.

laxmanMon 14-May-12 05:59 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108817, "I have really grown to like the imm persona of Baerinik..."
In response to Reply #17

But I have a hard time as an enemy seeing the virtue of courage in her followers. I guess most of the time they choose to display it I just have a hard time distinguishing it from fortress noobery.

I would say though that from my perspective Vozumir was the exception to that rule. We never talked but when fort O clock was raging hard he would separate from the pack to fight me and wouldn't call in the phoenix cry crew.

ArtificialMon 14-May-12 06:02 PM
1180 posts
#108818, "Not the experience I had"
In response to Reply #19

Generally because he would log on with 1-2 others, and hug them close. Of course I never faulted anyone for ganging Rindros, but Pincer Staff didn't need support vs him.

DallevianTue 15-May-12 08:27 AM
1619 posts
#108834, "laxman was probably neutral, that's why. nt"
In response to Reply #20

nt

laxmanTue 15-May-12 07:31 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108852, "scion conjie, orc, and cloud nexan all got same treatme..."
In response to Reply #25

admitedly though I was kind of(really) weak with the orc and cloud giant.

TMNSMon 14-May-12 05:02 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#108809, "Great job Magus."
In response to Reply #0

So glad we finally got to be on the same side for once (Zubei and Jindicho KINDA were, but yeah).

I was a huge fan of Vozmuir. I could not believe some of the kills you landed (and reading the logs on Dio's I see now you had a great combination of timing and luck) and you always were probably the most dangerous MARAN around during the time Laesron was around.

Never saw any of the complaints others would have, though I will say this, I never really saw any fantastic RP from Vozmuir. Note, you had perfectly normal RP and I never saw you break character (though Rindros's demon almost made you that one time hehehehe) but perhaps I was hoping for something more impressive on the RP front.

Again, great job with this one.

AbernyteMon 14-May-12 04:11 AM
972 posts
#108803, "What a C0CK!"
In response to Reply #0

Only interaction was when you attacked village applicants at the giant, I ambushed and chased you off only to get scrwed by RNG in our last fight north of large crossroads. You basically looted everything and I then never saw you to even try and get them back. Just a #### in a catsuit!

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Mon 14-May-12 01:23 AM
Charter member
#108802, "You were just plain awful on three characters I interac..."
In response to Reply #0

I think Vozmuir came off more evil than Zubei did honestly, and that's freaking sad. Then watching you drive Narissorin into a death trap then full loot him then log off instantly... I was appalled at how ####ty that was of you, especially on a goodie. Feel like you should be ashamed of yourself on this one.

IllanthosSun 13-May-12 07:56 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#108796, "So much vitriol..."
In response to Reply #0

Why do people always need to be so ragey?

Voz was damn solid. The two of us together could move mountains. We faced down groups of 4 and beat wholesale ass regardless, odds be damned. I really dug your use of felar socials - you emoted as a felar far more than any other I've ever seen in the past.

You had some rough patches with the overzealous pursuit of antagonizing neuts, but besides that (from my end of things) you were all class.

I have to ask... What had you going AFK/voiding out all of the time? Diaper duty?

GLWYN! You will be sorely missed.

PS: For all of the people wondering where I've been, going from unemployed to working full time in a physically intensive job with a long commute tends to SEVERELY limit my playtime. Even when I do have time, I'm often too exhausted to put the proper RP into playing Illanthos, so I dont log in. Running on a decrepit laptop fraught with hardware malfunctions is not helping either.

ArtificialSun 13-May-12 08:51 PM
1180 posts
#108797, "You didn't have to deal with the bitterness"
In response to Reply #8

It really sucks the fun out of a good fight when the guy you kill talks #### and tells you that (after a close fight) that hes done fighting you without a group.

Also I only thought of Vozmuir as a walking pincer staff with drive.

DaevrynSun 13-May-12 10:21 PM
11117 posts
#108799, "RE: So much vitriol..."
In response to Reply #8

I think you could get a really different take on Vozmuir depending on who you were or even the time of day. People who praise him are right in a sense, and people who diss him are right in a sense.

Vozmuir, if you will, was a weredouche. Things are pretty much going his way (which, honestly, with Illanthos on? things are going Vozmuir's way) or Baer's obviously around? Vozmuir was a pretty cool cat. But under the harsh light of the full moon of things not going Vozmuir's way or Vozmuir having to pick between RP and winning and it's all Ed Hardy wine and Axe Body Spray up in this.

GasparSun 13-May-12 10:41 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#108801, "Ask Body spray"
In response to Reply #10

I had no idea Ed Hardy was making wine!

http://www.winelegacy.com/ItemDetail.aspx?Item_ID=809

NoobAgainMon 14-May-12 01:46 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
408 posts
#108806, "Weredouche - new favorite word"
In response to Reply #10

I nearly choked on my lunch laughing when I read this. Interesting usage.

Had one time interaction with Vozmuir on Onard. It was not negative but not entirely positive either. You came into the Inn chasing the Imperials and then proceeding to b***ch me out for granting everyone sanctuary to try to save their life (mind you both good and evil) and to discourage fighting in the Inn.

OldrilMon 14-May-12 06:18 PM
641 posts
#108819, "I think it says a lot the player is not claiming this c..."
In response to Reply #10

But in general I could say what people are saying about a lot of other CF characters.

There are plenty of bigmouthed fairweather tough guys on CF but when the chips are down for their side they are unsurprisingly absent.

Its sad the immstaff doesn't call out the player more often on these like Twist did on some other guys deletion thread.

I put Vozmuir in the same boat as Jerrokrar characters. They can kill a ton of people, but always use quasi-OOC reasoning to justify killing people outside their normal RP focus. Unfortunately both of these players do that and do it a ton.

reject0Thu 17-May-12 08:37 AM
Member since 05th Jan 2005
38 posts
#108903, "RE: So much vitriol..."
In response to Reply #10

Those chicks are great, wish they would come somewhere close to me and I could go watch them live.

RogueSun 13-May-12 07:13 PM
718 posts
#108792, "Never liked this character"
In response to Reply #0

When Fzoarn was a lowbie, you more or less threatened to kill me and put me on ignore when you were a hero, for simply trying to talk to you about not attacking in town.

A very gear based character. Kudos for turning yourself in after admitting to being a liar about covering your ass over comitting a crime, considering you showed up naked, and talked a ton of smack during the whole ordeal.

Never got a piece of you as Selzar, as Liralindulum, you seemed just as rude.

You would ask me questions about the Empire without wanting to offer any sort of RP, you just wanted quick answers or would just brush me off.

Very power-gamey, non rp. This is not a character I found any depth to at all. Obviously you were long lived, and Baerinika let a lot slide, so good job I guess.

BorkahdSun 13-May-12 06:43 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#108791, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vozmuir Sentrion the Claw of t..."
In response to Reply #0

I was a fan of this character until he PKed Dijur for gear (strange bracers once, pincer staff another time). The bracers was pretty obvious that they were what you wanted, especially when you let an evil run off and actually chased down Dijur instead. I may be wrong but it sure seemed like the reason. The whole "I killed you because you protect evil" seemed to only happen when Dijur had something you wanted.

I also played as an ally of Vozmuir's. You are a knowledgeable player and seem willing to help others but still came across a bit like a power-gamer.

I wish you luck with your next and I hope that you enjoyed your character. You were titled, tatted (I think), and long-lived so you were doing something right! =)

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

GaplemoSun 13-May-12 03:29 PM
618 posts
#108787, "Definitely magus"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 13-May-12 03:41 PM

Driving someone into the pit in seantryn, then racing back to both corpses, then full looting him? Piss poor sportsmanship, goodie or evil. I wish the VIPS had left that log up, you definitely deserved to be exposed for the sort of #### you would pull. Didn't surprise me though when I saw the log, even less when it got pulled because you probably complained about it. Terrible goodie, non existent RP to any character I tried to roleplay with you with, hoarded loads of extra pieces of highly limited goodie armor (what guy carries prayer beads and both hummingbird pendants in a game with high limits anymore. Total jackass move)...all you had going for you is PK skill. Can't say I really have anything good to say about this one so I'll just stop.

AmberionSun 13-May-12 02:07 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#108784, "After interacting with and against you over 3 different..."
In response to Reply #0

... Nothing good at all to say about Vozmuir. It took me 4-5 sentances from you to directly think of your felar warrior (Zubei? Yes?) and I realized that this was just an exact copy. Not only the build, but everything. The way you acted, spoke etc...

It was basically your Evil Felar Warrior Emperor with a Maran-sticker slapped on him.

I'll stop here, and I'll stretch as far as to say that you don't suck at PK at least...

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

ArtificialSun 13-May-12 02:09 PM
1180 posts
#108785, "He went Fist this time to be more reliant on pincer sta..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

ArtificialSun 13-May-12 01:24 PM
1180 posts
#108781, "Did you lose pincer staff, Magus? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Iklahn (Anonymous)Sun 13-May-12 12:54 PM
Charter member
#108780, "I really hope this wasn't over the hummingbird pendants..."
In response to Reply #0

The limited interactions between Iklahn and yourself were kind of disappointing as you seemed to be strecthing a bit for a reason to make a fight. However, the other characters I had that interacted with you it was very pleasant. GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108778 Previous topic | Next topic