Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love CF
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108778&mesg_id=108882
108882, RE: TMNS started a thread recently about why you love CF
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>As for RP, I think a lot of the vitriol comes from your
>incredible PK success. Basically, people hold you to a higher
>standard than PK weaklings because your characters have more
>potential impact on the game and are highly visible.

You know, I was just going to let this thread go without posting, but at least one of us hated this character and thought it was a piece of #### and it had nothing to do with them be PK successful. Any asshole who refuses to fight without a healer attached at his hip(1) can be successful. Krunk hated Vozmuir because he was a fortman. I hated Vozmuir because the player was a pansy when he was alone, was willing to multi-kill my character(2) when he had numbers and was generally not fun to interact with in any way.

(1) This was obviously not everyone's experience, but it was certainly Krunk's. More than once Vozmuir quaffed when he was alone (no Illanthos, not necessarily no allies) or just held an orb of travel if Krunk actually managed to engage him. Of course when Krunk was level ~44, Vozmuir was more than willing to bash (seriously) Krunk down pursue him at every opportunity like the easy kill he was.

(2) Came, with Illanthos, to Ysigrath to hunt Krunk as he unghosted. This was not an accident.

I probably should have just let it go, but whatever... So glad that stupid elf caused all Vozmuir's gear to go poof with the slave. If anyone deserved a full loot, it was Vozmuir.