Subject: "Zero percent chance of thief trap save or failure" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25439
Show all folders

Blinded by the acid (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jan-24 11:58 PM
Charter member
#25439, "Zero percent chance of thief trap save or failure"

There appears to be literally a zero percent chance of thief traps failing, or the victims of said traps saving against them. I have a feeling that this is a bug, since this cannot possibly be designed to have no chance of failure or save like virtually every other blindness or spell-like effect in the game.

If it is not a bug, perhaps put it on the roadmap of things to consider. A 100% effective blindness (or immolation, or boneshatter, or or or) is, for obvious reasons, pretty ridiculous an eliminates all risk for these characters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliSun 28-Jan-24 08:28 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25440, "You didn't even include a log snippet."
In response to Reply #0

Why.

Blinded by acid (Anonymous)Sun 28-Jan-24 10:59 AM
Charter member
#25441, "RE: You didn't even include a log snippet."
In response to Reply #1

I will compile a log today showing the traps working. The reason I hadn't is, all I have is logs of traps hitting me repeatedly, which I'm not sure is super helpful in illustrating a fail rate or lack of saves. What I'm suspecting is a bug is likely more like the fend bug, where there was supposed to be a percentage of effectiveness or failure, but the math was wrong. This feels like, traps in general should have an entire failure/save calculation that is not being called or is incorrect.

But logs incoming shortly.

IshuliSun 28-Jan-24 01:00 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25443, "Yes"
In response to Reply #2

Exactly what I need.

Trap code is HUGE. It's old, it's ugly, it's ancient - it hasn't been touched in a long time. I remember looking at it for something else and giving up fast due to the complexity.

So even just the echo of when a trap hits you saves me a lot of time digging. I will look forward to the logs!

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25439 Previous topic | Next topic