Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectZero percent chance of thief trap save or failure
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=25439
25439, Zero percent chance of thief trap save or failure
Posted by Blinded by the acid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There appears to be literally a zero percent chance of thief traps failing, or the victims of said traps saving against them. I have a feeling that this is a bug, since this cannot possibly be designed to have no chance of failure or save like virtually every other blindness or spell-like effect in the game.

If it is not a bug, perhaps put it on the roadmap of things to consider. A 100% effective blindness (or immolation, or boneshatter, or or or) is, for obvious reasons, pretty ridiculous an eliminates all risk for these characters.
25440, You didn't even include a log snippet.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why.
25441, RE: You didn't even include a log snippet.
Posted by Blinded by acid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will compile a log today showing the traps working. The reason I hadn't is, all I have is logs of traps hitting me repeatedly, which I'm not sure is super helpful in illustrating a fail rate or lack of saves. What I'm suspecting is a bug is likely more like the fend bug, where there was supposed to be a percentage of effectiveness or failure, but the math was wrong. This feels like, traps in general should have an entire failure/save calculation that is not being called or is incorrect.

But logs incoming shortly.
25443, Yes
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Exactly what I need.

Trap code is HUGE. It's old, it's ugly, it's ancient - it hasn't been touched in a long time. I remember looking at it for something else and giving up fast due to the complexity.

So even just the echo of when a trap hits you saves me a lot of time digging. I will look forward to the logs!