Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9834
Show all folders

MekantosMon 08-Aug-05 09:15 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9834, "A modest change to the thief skill tree."

I was checking out the thief skill tree over on Dio's when I noticed something that seemed a bit peculiar regarding the skills 'plant' and 'advanced picklock'. To be more to the point, these skills don't seem like they should be reserved for one type of thief. Plant would be quite useful for trappers and poisoners, and as the skill really seems like a natural "reverse" of stealing, I could see every thief having this ability. Advanced picklock also seems like just a plain ol' thief thing, not just the pickpocket variety. See, other classes can pick locks, and any thief should be innately better at picking locks than assassins or anti-paladins. Also, since pickpockets already exceed every other thief path when it comes to having custom abilities, I think this would help to even things up.

Abilities based upon Thief Paths:
Pickpocket: 19
Binder: 12
Poisoner: 17
Thug: 14
Trapper: 14

Questions, comments, concerns and complaints will not be tolerated.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA modest change to the thief skill tree. [View all] , Mekantos, Mon 08-Aug-05 09:15 PM
Reply RE: A modest change to the thief skill tree., Qaledus, 09-Aug-05 02:33 PM, #3
Reply Some pointers for thieves discussion, NNNick, 10-Aug-05 11:24 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Some pointers for thieves discussion, Nivek1, 10-Aug-05 11:30 AM, #5
     Reply Amen. Wasting your last points like an idiot really hur..., Aodh, 10-Aug-05 11:48 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Some pointers for thieves discussion, Enbuergo, 10-Aug-05 12:55 PM, #7
          Reply Grapple and separate (or was it isolate), incognito, 10-Aug-05 03:44 PM, #8
Reply Unless it is no longer possible, incognito, 09-Aug-05 02:47 AM, #1
     Reply That's not the point., Mekantos, 09-Aug-05 12:21 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9834 Previous topic | Next topic