Subject: "RE: I get the idea and you have the makings of somethin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763
Show all folders

The_SharkThu 24-Apr-03 05:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#877, "RE: I get the idea and you have the makings of somethin..."

Lets make the Aura of Pain more like controls for the unholy weapon. Replace protection with Aura of Pain. Make it more powerful the more kills you have. Or make it a permanent spell that charge up everytime you kill someone, but if you die, you will loose all its strength and have to start over.

Let me explain a bit more how I'd like to see it work.
First off, it should be like protection until powered up. Lets have it based on kills, and not as a permanent spell. Make it start counting kills somewhere between 30-40(a balance issue, up to 30 the A-P shouldnt have too much trouble, they can be quite strong at low ranks). After a certain amount of kills, 10-20, it could start acting the way it was described. When the A-P takes damage, there is a chance the damage is reflected back to the one dealing the damage. (Note: The A-P would still take damage from the blow). Not all of it at first, just a small part, say 10% of the damage or so. The more kills, the more damage is reflected, and perhaps increase the chance that damage will be reflected(But it should only improve a little every 5 kills or so). We dont want to A-P to be able to reflect back all the damage all the time, do we?
Oh, another thing. The damage reflected should be determined by the damage the A-P takes and not the strength of the attack, or an A-P with A/B/S would be like a porcupine. Except it wouldnt help using a long weapon against him.

This way the A-P still have to kill people to grow strong, but will have it a bit easier building up his strength since it cant be lost by dying. Ofcourse, if you are having trouble killing people at first, this wont help much, but I never considered A-P to be a class for bad Pkers.
Ofcourse, this could make a well-played A-P a bit overpowered, so it would be up to the Imms to balance things out if the idea is to their liking.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladins. [View all] , Bullseye, Sun 13-Apr-03 04:34 PM
Reply RE: Aura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladi..., Hutto, 08-May-03 05:54 PM, #10
Reply I get the idea and you have the makings of something ac..., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:25 AM, #5
Reply RE: I get the idea and you have the makings of somethin..., The_Shark, 24-Apr-03 05:04 PM #7
     Reply Short clarification., Bullseye, 25-Apr-03 03:22 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Short clarification., The_Shark, 25-Apr-03 08:09 AM, #9
Reply RE: Anti-paladin spells/skills, Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 01:51 AM, #1
     Reply Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 11:22 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 06:59 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 09:09 PM, #4
     Reply My glance at the idea., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:33 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763 Previous topic | Next topic