Subject: "RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74753
Show all folders

IshuliSun 02-Jul-23 05:14 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74754, "RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?"

I saw some specific issues that weren't resolved.

Example:
Object X
Person1 has X which has a limit of 5.
Person1 logs in barely, and will be hit by a gear purge on July 10th.
Person2, Person3, Person4, Person5, Person6 all go looking for X, but it is currently over limit - 5/5. So they can't get it.
The expectation is that Person1 will lose it on gearpuge, allowing others to be able to get X.
Instead, when the gearpurge check happens on July 10th (the only time it does check), by chance on that day at that exact second X was at 3/5 for its limit.
So Person1 does not lose X, even though right afterwards it goes back to the max limit, now keeping it out of circulation for another month (now at two, sequentially - though I've seen this happen for surprisingly long periods of time).

This change solves that. Now it won't be dependent on X being under limit at the time of the check, putting it back into circulation.

The problem is that limits are not consistent. Something could be over-limit for 99% of the month, but if it was under limit for the 1% of the month the purged was check - then Person1 got to keep the item. And if person1 is holding multiple instances of this item (which I also saw multiple times), it becomes a more dramatic deprivation.

I love players, including casual players.
I don't love limited items being out of circulation from a reasonable opportunity to lose it. And I think purges happen reasonably in terms of time in that they aren't over-applicable and request a comparatively minimal investment to justify retaining exclusive items.

Hope that helps explain!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicClarification on the new limited eq purging? [View all] , Calion, Sun 02-Jul-23 03:25 PM
Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Ishuli, 02-Jul-23 05:14 PM #1
     Reply Thanks for the explanation., Calion, 03-Jul-23 01:57 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Bemused, 04-Jul-23 02:32 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Ishuli, 04-Jul-23 07:14 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74753 Previous topic | Next topic