Subject: "Thanks for the explanation." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74753
Show all folders

CalionMon 03-Jul-23 01:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74757, "Thanks for the explanation."

Though it seems the system could be made better by just increasing the frequency of the checks. It isn't clear if it's done (only) on login or at some other time(s), but couldn't it be done, say every few days, like at each reboot a script would go through every pfile above L10 (before anyone is logged in, to avoid possible lag spikes), and check for any over-limit item in the pfile which doesn't meet the required play time for keeping it, and then flag it for the purging message for whenever the player happens to log in the next time?

Anyways, I think I'll now be even more wary of grabbing any high-end limited gear that I happen to come across (unless I'm pretty sure of consistent play time in the near future).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicClarification on the new limited eq purging? [View all] , Calion, Sun 02-Jul-23 03:25 PM
Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Ishuli, 02-Jul-23 05:14 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks for the explanation., Calion, 03-Jul-23 01:57 PM #2
     Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Bemused, 04-Jul-23 02:32 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Clarification on the new limited eq purging?, Ishuli, 04-Jul-23 07:14 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74753 Previous topic | Next topic