Subject: "My 2 cents" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74716
Show all folders

mackleSun 02-Jul-23 10:16 PM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74755, "My 2 cents"

They do crack down. I lost a thief and orc because I stole a norem legendary polearm off a paladin which made him easier to kill on my orc with grapple. Though I still claim it was not planned and I just found myself benefiting from the circumstance.

I stick to single characters now. Other people don't but they run the risk of pushing the line too far.

I would like to see more cracking down on people who log in, see a pk or pks they don't want to participate with and then quit out. Unfortunately the more the imms crack down on this the more incentive people have to cheat with OOC sharing of the who list. It's very common for outlanders to log in same time each night and then not do so when there are a lot of enemies on for a change, so they either log in chameleon and quit or not log in by magical knowledge of the who.

I think the solution to this, is more imm exp for people who log in and take risks to deal with bad odds. So reward based, rather than punishment based. Outlander IMHO should have such merits before getting insects. Leader/insects should not be strictly due to conversations.

As for your comment in subthread about lack of looting.
The reason for this is the reduction in player base from the good ol days (I first played CF in 1995). When there was over 100 people on, you didn't mind getting full looted because there was a loot for you just around the corner, either by cabal mate helping or just random fight you sneak up and loot. CF is less bloody and so now a full loot generally means working your way back up from scratch.

Also people use grief looting as leverage to influence behaviour, the following reasons may activate grief looting,

1) You're a griefer thief
2) You grief loot them first
3) You send them a lot of abusive and/or ooc tells.
4) You summon zombies
5) You overly harass them and/or multikill them.
6) You have not died for a long time and quite strong with the gear
7) You have too much advantage over the opponent (Shapa only).
8) You take almost no risks, but still aggressive. So relentlessly hunt vulnerable people and then log off against strong people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhat happened to the OG Imms, who actually ran things a... [View all] , Rogue, Thu 27-Apr-23 08:44 PM
Reply I stopped in the old days because of the reasons you li..., Callowyin, 12-Sep-23 08:22 AM, #15
Reply My 2 cents, mackle, 02-Jul-23 10:16 PM #12
Reply RE: What happened to the OG Imms, who actually ran thin..., ZeoShifter, 03-Jun-23 02:53 PM, #5
Reply I don't know about all that, Rogue, 03-Jun-23 06:47 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I don't know about all that, ZeoShifter, 05-Jun-23 09:53 AM, #7
          Reply Rewarded for what though? 400hrs I didnt even have a ti..., Rogue, 05-Jun-23 11:07 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Rewarded for what though? 400hrs I didnt even have ..., ZeoShifter, 05-Jun-23 05:45 PM, #9
                    Reply Rogue don't engage this douche. He's still playing CF a..., NotWrongProbably (Anonymous), 05-Jun-23 07:14 PM, #10
                         Reply Just trying to be constructive, but his attitude is wha..., Rogue, 05-Jun-23 08:34 PM, #11
Reply RE: What happened to the OG Imms, who actually ran thin..., Nalasul, 02-May-23 12:25 PM, #4
Reply Multi-Charring & Alts, TFON, 27-Jul-23 08:11 PM, #13
Reply fwiw, Kalageadon, 28-Apr-23 11:41 AM, #3
Reply RE: fwiw, Callowyin, 12-Sep-23 08:11 AM, #14
Reply It's cyclical., RogueFan (Anonymous), 28-Apr-23 04:11 AM, #1
     Reply It happens, but no point getting upset, FullmoonCat, 28-Apr-23 11:08 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74716 Previous topic | Next topic