Subject: "About a problem I had with my last character (Re: Too M..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40629
Show all folders

Ozrek (Anonymous)Wed 12-Oct-11 12:46 AM
Charter member
#40629, "About a problem I had with my last character (Re: Too M..."

I just wanted to mention that though I liked my character concept and felt fairly deadly most of the time, the painful lack of foes led to serious boredom and eventual deletion. Yes, the Fort had a lot of people, but the real problem to me is something that has always been there - too many neutrals. And with lower numbers it seems like the swings have a hard time recovering when suddenly there is an influx of neutrals. It keeps things stale, imho.

I understand playing neutral appeals to a lot of people. This isn't about starting crap with anyone for liking that approach. That being said, I can't help but imagine a game where all the neutrals were forced to choose good or evil. Man, I think we'd all have a lot more fun and it would lead to a much more exciting game.

I realize that's extreme and would not happen.

However, I think it might be worth taking a look into limiting neutrals. At last glance, Nexus had the most, or second-to-most members. I guess I always pictured them as a rather elite, small group (like Scion, but without the Evil(tm)).

Also, Battle, Outlander, and Tribunal all draw neutrals predominantly (I know I'm going out on a limb saying that, so feel free to correct me with some statistics).

I could drone on for a while about how I think neutrality would be the rarest of conditions, but I'll stop with a brief re-cap:

Please experiment with limiting numbers of neutral characters. Perhaps make them have less appealing gear choices, less cabal options, racial number limits, etc. Anything! Maybe just try it for a while and see how much the funstick improves. If nothing else, it might be an enlightening exercise!

Just a (not so tiny) request from an old timer. Thanks for reading.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAbout a problem I had with my last character (Re: Too M... [View all] , Ozrek (Anonymous), Wed 12-Oct-11 12:46 AM
Reply My largest annoyance has to be..., Torak, 12-Oct-11 12:02 PM, #13
Reply I sort of agree in that neutrals are annoying., Vortex Magus, 12-Oct-11 07:09 AM, #3
Reply Alignment divisions are arbitrary., DurNominator, 12-Oct-11 06:57 AM, #2
Reply Balancing solution: starting exp bonus, Explosion, 12-Oct-11 06:28 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Balancing solution: starting exp bonus, Daevryn, 12-Oct-11 08:08 AM, #4
          Reply ^^THIS, The-me, 12-Oct-11 10:46 AM, #5
          Reply Jinx, you owe me a coke. nt, Splntrd, 12-Oct-11 10:46 AM, #7
          Reply RE: playtimes, Ozrek (Anonymous), 12-Oct-11 05:18 PM, #14
          Reply This. nt, Splntrd, 12-Oct-11 10:46 AM, #6
          Reply So could you, Dallevian, 12-Oct-11 10:57 AM, #8
          Reply RE: So could you, Daevryn, 12-Oct-11 11:01 AM, #9
               Reply Cool!, Splntrd, 12-Oct-11 11:18 AM, #10
               Reply RE: Cool!, Daevryn, 12-Oct-11 11:23 AM, #11
                    Reply Haha. At least that explains SOME of the exp variance., Straklaw, 12-Oct-11 07:40 PM, #16
               Reply Well hot dog but, Dallevian, 12-Oct-11 11:31 AM, #12
          Reply Quick question, Ozrek (Anonymous), 12-Oct-11 05:28 PM, #15
               Reply RE: Quick question, Daevryn, 12-Oct-11 08:16 PM, #17
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40629 Previous topic | Next topic