Subject: "RE: *sigh* Ok now, once again..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1999
Show all folders

QuisletThu 21-Aug-03 01:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2054, "RE: *sigh* Ok now, once again..."

Apparently my offhand comments have annoyed you, but that's just a guess from all your boldface highlighting.

I fully comprehend why people scan multiple directions at once, and I comprehend why I don't do it.

What I don't comprehend is why you want the added word. I guess I haven't been spammed enough to be unsatisfied with only having the "You scan (direction)." line. If it's really as bad as you say, in your shoes I'd just use the highlighting function most clients seem to have. Even if it doesn't work like you'd want it to, it would at least make the line for each direction stand out, and probably in a different color for each.

I may not use most client functions, and the ones I do use are rarely bothered with, but if I think the pay off is enough to bother with it, I sometimes do.

--Quislet, annoying & confusing at times, but still means well overall.

PS. If your suggestion ever gets added, I'd suggest the direction words not be in all caps. Speaking from experience with similar things elsewhere, it gets very harsh on the eyes very quickly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic'Look' and 'Scan', a lack of a feature that has always ... [View all] , Urden, Sun 17-Aug-03 12:29 AM
Reply It would be real simple..., robturner, 19-Aug-03 01:24 AM, #8
Reply Why I fail to see the point, Quislet, 18-Aug-03 07:57 PM, #4
Reply Heh., Marcus_, 18-Aug-03 08:10 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Heh., Quislet, 18-Aug-03 08:21 PM, #6
          Reply Well..., Urden, 18-Aug-03 11:23 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Well..., Quislet, 20-Aug-03 12:59 AM, #10
               Reply *sigh* Ok now, once again..., Urden, 20-Aug-03 05:04 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: *sigh* Ok now, once again..., Quislet, 21-Aug-03 01:32 AM #12
                         Reply One other thing, very tangential., Quislet, 21-Aug-03 01:40 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Heh., Ululari, 19-Aug-03 09:27 AM, #9
Reply RE: 'Look' and 'Scan', a lack of a feature that has alw..., Ululari, 17-Aug-03 07:57 AM, #2
Reply possible solution and thoughts, incognito, 17-Aug-03 03:54 AM, #1
     Reply RE: possible solution and thoughts, Urden, 17-Aug-03 02:03 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1999 Previous topic | Next topic