Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: *sigh* Ok now, once again...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1999&mesg_id=2054
2054, RE: *sigh* Ok now, once again...
Posted by Quislet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Apparently my offhand comments have annoyed you, but that's just a guess from all your boldface highlighting.

I fully comprehend why people scan multiple directions at once, and I comprehend why I don't do it.

What I don't comprehend is why you want the added word. I guess I haven't been spammed enough to be unsatisfied with only having the "You scan (direction)." line. If it's really as bad as you say, in your shoes I'd just use the highlighting function most clients seem to have. Even if it doesn't work like you'd want it to, it would at least make the line for each direction stand out, and probably in a different color for each.

I may not use most client functions, and the ones I do use are rarely bothered with, but if I think the pay off is enough to bother with it, I sometimes do.

--Quislet, annoying & confusing at times, but still means well overall.

PS. If your suggestion ever gets added, I'd suggest the direction words not be in all caps. Speaking from experience with similar things elsewhere, it gets very harsh on the eyes very quickly.