Subject: "RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19466
Show all folders

_Magus_Tue 09-Oct-07 12:54 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19471, "RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..."

My problem with A/S/B isn't that it's available, or really even the top end production. It's that these spells make an average or even sub-par character instantly much (much) better. These spells were the direct result of Cabdru (Nepenthe) getting the uber amount of charges he was able to acrue in such a short amount of time, with the only effort of knowing where to find these wands. If there were more limitations on how A/S/B worked, you wouldn't see anymore ridiculously powerful characters like Cabdru (216 kills in 176 hours).

Let's face it, there are plenty of wand-sharing lists out there already. And since the cat-is-out-of-the-bag about how sleek wands work, it really doesn't matter if you share every location or not. Because you'll always have your location, no-matter-what. So I don't buy the "takes forever to find wands" argument anymore. Anyone that's been playing longer than six months could easily find wands if they make that their focus. I use myself as an example (despite playing much longer than six months), I made a character recently with the sole intent of finding wands (with next to no previous knowledge of any wands) and I managed to find all three sleek wands, several other potential locations, and about a dozen other non-sleek locations. I was able to accomplish this in the span of about a 200 hour exploration character. And even with that amount of success, I'm sure there are a couple dozen more that I have absolutely no clue about.

I stand by the opinion of A/S/B makes characters instantly strong, without a whole lot of effort. Getting wands isn't the darkhorse that you make it out to be.

As for spam, what about invokers? They have to sit there and spam 90% of their spells for mastery. Necromancers spam plenty of their spells. And any mage worth a damn will too. So again, I don't buy your senseless spamming argument. Because all the good players will spend the time to spam the spells their guild teaches. Why should it be any different for A/S/B? You find some rare artifact and you're automatically a master at it? Because that's how it is now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicIdea: Aura, Shield and Barrier [View all] , _Magus_, Tue 09-Oct-07 10:58 AM
Reply Don't implement this, please, Dervish, 11-Oct-07 11:32 AM, #23
Reply They can add this and avoid the Spam (IMHO), Dhargor, 10-Oct-07 04:21 AM, #15
Reply Ignore that post. Somebody already pushed that idea n/t, Dhargor, 10-Oct-07 04:27 AM, #16
Reply Can I make a suggestion?, AnimalFarm, 09-Oct-07 03:26 PM, #9
Reply RE: Can I make a suggestion?, Zulghinlour, 10-Oct-07 02:02 AM, #14
     Reply Think about this..., AnimalFarm, 10-Oct-07 10:37 AM, #17
          Reply Its not the conspiracy nuts.., vargal, 10-Oct-07 11:49 PM, #18
Reply RE: Idea: Aura, Shield and Barrier, Zulghinlour, 09-Oct-07 03:18 PM, #8
Reply See above! n/t, AnimalFarm, 09-Oct-07 03:27 PM, #10
Reply RE: Idea: Aura, Shield and Barrier, Daevryn, 09-Oct-07 12:44 PM, #2
Reply RE: Idea: Aura, Shield and Barrier, _Magus_, 09-Oct-07 01:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Idea: Aura, Shield and Barrier, _Magus_, 09-Oct-07 01:11 PM, #5
Reply I say ditch practice, Valkenar, 09-Oct-07 01:24 PM, #6
Reply You are not one to txt, Larcat, 10-Oct-07 11:52 PM, #19
     Reply RE: You are not one to txt, Daevryn, 11-Oct-07 07:45 AM, #20
     Reply Additionally:, Daevryn, 11-Oct-07 07:51 AM, #21
          Reply Fair enough! nt, Larcat, 11-Oct-07 08:46 AM, #22
Reply I don't like this at all. Three reasons..., Nightshade, 09-Oct-07 12:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..., _Magus_, 09-Oct-07 12:54 PM #3
          Reply RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..., Daevryn, 09-Oct-07 02:20 PM, #7
               Reply RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..., _Magus_, 09-Oct-07 05:34 PM, #11
                    Reply I dont think he is missing the point, CrftedDeception, 09-Oct-07 05:47 PM, #12
                    Reply RE: I don't like this at all. Three reasons..., Daevryn, 09-Oct-07 07:01 PM, #13
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19466 Previous topic | Next topic