Subject: "RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18465
Show all folders

ElerosseTue 24-Jul-07 11:38 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18487, "RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility."
Edited on Tue 24-Jul-07 11:41 PM

>Wow, you mean people actually attack people in their guild
>halls? Isn't that kinda counter productive from an RP stand
>point? I realize that Carrion Fields is a Player Killer mud.
>However, or so i keep reading, it IS an RP enforced mud too.
>Wouldn't attacking someone in the guild be showing a lack of
>respect to the leaders of said guild? It would be like
>attacking someone in front of a king or emporor in his own
>thrown room.
>
>Heh. Not that i'm complaining. I'm just saying that aside from
>being rather ruthless it's also a matter of showing a lack of
>respect for the guild teachers and stuff.

Guilds are not treated that way for the most part in CF. For example if you are playing an Elf and Dark-elf in your pk range strolls into the guild hall a fight would be a very normal event. Of course you could RP it anyway you want but one valid RP response is to start a fight.

What I think you might be missing about CF is that while it is a RP enforced mud the design of it is such that there is a tremendous amount of conflict built directly in, this I have always assumed was done purposefully. Most character builds have "natural enemies” that is just by your race, class, or cabal choice there will be a set of characters who will, in general, want you dead. This helps create a dynamic environment where mortal conflict is always a danger that you must be wary of. Because, as you noted besides being a RP enforced mud, CF is also a PK mud where the sentiment is often kill or be killed, and thus it is often considered good RP to enter into fights with your "natural enemies".

Anyway, just my thoughts, hope it helps.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicJust a thought i had about Invisibility. [View all] , Aesirein, Sun 22-Jul-07 07:33 PM
Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., incognito, 23-Jul-07 03:20 AM, #2
Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., Daevryn, 22-Jul-07 08:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., Aesirein, 23-Jul-07 07:10 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., dalneko, 23-Jul-07 08:23 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., Daevryn, 23-Jul-07 10:19 PM, #5
               Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., Aesirein, 24-Jul-07 09:57 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Just a thought i had about Invisibility., Elerosse, 24-Jul-07 11:41 PM #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18465 Previous topic | Next topic