Subject: "RE: Item creation." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18440
Show all folders

AesireinSat 21-Jul-07 06:47 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2007
7 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18452, "RE: Item creation."

>The problem is that it shouldnt end in some kind of boring
>grind.
>Maybe something along the line of the Druid herbs system
>combined with the poison recipes, so that you have to travel
>to different regions for resources and need to know the
>recipes to combine them.

Oh i agree. The idea wasn't to give EVERYONE the ability to create stuff but to allow classes that do not go into civilized lands, such as Rangers and Druids, to have a way to create their own equipment. Here's a prime example:
Take a character that is a survivalist. He lives in the woods of the world and shuns all "civilized" ways of life. He carries no money, kills his own food, drinks from the streams, etc. How would this person protect themselves from the elements, or arm themselves against wild animals? I don't care how strong a person is there is no way he'd win a fight against a grizzly bare-handed, let alone minotaurs and giants.

I believe there is even a Cabal that forbids the carrying of currency and going into cities? This kind of system would allow these types of players to fashion armor, clothing, and even weapons for themselves. Now, these would mostly be primitive items of course. I mean, character wise, an orc should never be using finely made weapon unless he attacked someone and stole it. This would also allow players who aren't good at Player killing, and there are some who aren't, to find another means of gathering money to survive. I mean, god forbid someone would want to roleplay a character that doesn't kill everything in sight.

There would be many limitations put on these skills based on class and race obviously. I'm not saying open up a scavenger hunt and have people just run around killing and mining. Take mages for instance. No mage would ever have the time to craft say... a sword. But, he would be able to make rings and things of this nature and imbue them with somekind of power. This would also force classes to work together with other classes to make these items. A mage could form an agreement with say a warrior, creating a ring or similar item as part of the agreement, to provide protection for him. With the large player base Carrion Fields supports, the fact that it DOES advertise itself as a Roleplay enforced mud, and given the fact not everyone has the ability to use every skill, i think such a system would be most beneficial.

On a side not, what is wow? Is it somekind of mud or something? Is it World of Warcraft? If it is i guess i can see why someone would have a hissy fit when i suggested a system like this. However, i have never even played this game let alone know what they offer. My experience with World of Warcraft is limited to one guy i talk to online claiming how good it is and me saying no thanks i don't like to blow money.

I'M DONE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicItem creation. [View all] , Aesirein, Sat 21-Jul-07 03:59 AM
Reply Subclass, Kastellyn, 22-Jul-07 12:36 PM, #9
Reply We're heroes! Not miners, taxidermists, and merchants...., Nightshade, 21-Jul-07 09:43 AM, #3
Reply RE: We're heroes! Not miners, taxidermists, and mercha..., Aesirein, 21-Jul-07 06:17 PM, #4
     Reply I just thought I'd try to be a little more creative tha..., Nightshade, 21-Jul-07 07:18 PM, #6
          Reply RE: I just thought I'd try to be a little more creative..., Aesirein, 21-Jul-07 07:42 PM, #7
Reply cf > wow, Odrirg, 21-Jul-07 06:41 AM, #2
Reply Item creation., Rodriguez, 21-Jul-07 06:35 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Item creation., Aesirein, 21-Jul-07 06:47 PM #5
          Reply RE: Item creation., Daevryn, 21-Jul-07 11:39 PM, #8
               Reply Also, Elerosse, 22-Jul-07 05:55 PM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18440 Previous topic | Next topic