Subject: "A question on RP enforcement" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18304
Show all folders

Drag0nSt0rmMon 09-Jul-07 03:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
450 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18304, "A question on RP enforcement"
Edited on Mon 09-Jul-07 03:21 PM

Edit
This is a rant, a well written rant, but a rant nonetheless.
It is neither without base, nor without subject nor a question. It's merely rantastic.

I've recently come across a situation that particularly irked me.

I tried to play a village berserker, who was less than intellegent.
He was a minotaur who had his temple burned to the ground by mages, while it was well written, that was the gist of it.

I wasn't Rping some tactical monster or clever mage hating minotaur.
I was a soldier who smashed mages who smashed his temple. Generally my RP got me pretty far till I bumped into this guy named Yean.

He asked me a bunch of questions then he asked me what I felt the niche of each of the types of villager covers.
I thought briefly to myself I can answer the question perfectly and regurtitate the crap I'd said a 1000 times before and heard 10000 times before as the Commander of battle.
Then I decided WAIT I HAVE CLEVER RP!!!!
So I tried to talk to Yean as a minotaur of 16 int would
IE NOT VERY SMART. My answer was apparently less than satisfactory and instead of trying to understand me or even considering I might be RPing he brushed me off like I was some etard newb being a #### and trying to waste his time.
I bet if you'd tried to club me with that crap and keep me out of the village my answer would have been the same.
What is your purpose in the village as a berserker?
Aselto hit mages on head with club them DIE!

Now to my question, whats up with people trying to shove their views on Thera on me esp village imms? I never thought of the village as a group of barbarians that sit around and all read books and calmly discuss tactics.
Why the hell is someone trying to force this view on me then sending nasty notes to the village claiming I don't know anything about the village?

Excuse the hell out of me for trying to RP something that doesn't know the answer to every damn question in the game and doesn't immediatly know the quickest path through hell or many different ways into silent or anything else like that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA question on RP enforcement [View all] , Drag0nSt0rm, Mon 09-Jul-07 03:15 PM
Reply General Reply on Yean, Yean, 11-Jul-07 01:19 AM, #10
Reply RE: A question on RP enforcement, Kastellyn, 10-Jul-07 02:37 PM, #9
Reply General RP note:, Valguarnera, 10-Jul-07 07:24 AM, #7
Reply RE: General RP note:, Isildur, 10-Jul-07 09:50 AM, #8
Reply RE: A question on RP enforcement, Yean, 09-Jul-07 11:11 PM, #5
Reply RE: A question on RP enforcement, Drag0nSt0rm, 09-Jul-07 11:40 PM, #6
Reply How can you be so mean to Yean?, Baerinika, 09-Jul-07 05:11 PM, #3
Reply Even if Yean is a nice or even if Yean was the evilest ..., Drag0nSt0rm, 09-Jul-07 06:21 PM, #4
Reply RE: A question on RP enforcement, Tahren, 09-Jul-07 03:44 PM, #1
     Reply Fair enough to an extent in my opinion anyway, Drag0nSt0rm, 09-Jul-07 03:58 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18304 Previous topic | Next topic