Subject: "RE: The current state of CarrionFields." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17778
Show all folders

IgsoehTue 15-May-07 05:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17817, "RE: The current state of CarrionFields."

Roleplay is most definetly at a higher level than it used to be. Hell, when I first started playing(97) the rare OOC: Blah blah blah, was still OK. I don't let things bother me personally(particularly things related to a text based game), but I'll tell you what would really spin me up if I let it. Whiny bitches. The guys who whine and whine on Dio's or here about how unfair something was, about how they got full looted, or about how the only way that guy beat me was because he had Defiance, or Humansunder, or the Super Secret Staff of Canoewhacking. Even worse, whiny bitches in the game. If you even once say anything beyond, "Am I getting anything back?", because why would you want to run from Galadon to Aturi at top speed to realize you got full looted and the guy's keeping it all?, I think you're a douche. Not only that, I'll probably never even try and roleplay with you again. Ever. I've actually avoided full looting people because I knew what was about to come. I don't want to hear you lose your temper because now you might have to go get some new amethyst rings. Yes, gear helps tremendously in some instances, but for the run of the mill fight, you can get gear that's good enough.

My theory is this, about a year ago, there was, what seems like, a mass exodus of veteran players that left the game. Maybe there is some giant conspiracy, which I doubt, maybe priorities just change, which I think is a big part of it. But what I think is, all those vet players got sick and tired of the flaming trolling horse#### on the forums, and the incessant whining about getting full looted or ganged down, or beat by the guy with the Super Secret Staff of Canoewhacking. So they left. They went elsewhere to play a game, or do something where they have to put up with less of this ####. That, and WoW came out, and for some inexplicable reason, people like that pile of #### they call an RPG.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe current state of CarrionFields. [View all] , agl, Mon 14-May-07 08:33 AM
Reply RE: The current state of CarrionFields., Igsoeh, 15-May-07 05:28 PM #13
Reply I'm sure your tough rocks attitude goes well with your...., agl, 16-May-07 08:54 PM, #16
     Reply I guess your (and my) idea of RP differs., Scrimbul, 16-May-07 11:38 PM, #17
     Reply I really have to wonder if you are trolling, A2, 17-May-07 02:41 PM, #18
Reply RE: The current state of CarrionFields., A2, 15-May-07 04:16 AM, #8
Reply Word, DurNominator, 15-May-07 06:44 AM, #9
     Reply What I think the original poster is trying to say.., jasmin, 15-May-07 10:14 AM, #11
Reply I'll agree with you if nobody else will.., Derexal, 14-May-07 06:03 PM, #7
Reply Trolly McTrollerson. nt, Larcat, 15-May-07 08:00 AM, #10
     Reply Sorry, that wasn't a troll., Derexal, 15-May-07 08:20 PM, #14
          Reply I'm not crazy! You're crazy! You're all crazy!, vargal, 16-May-07 01:49 AM, #15
Reply Lower roleplay standard? Not by a long shot., _Magus_, 14-May-07 11:48 AM, #5
Reply Got to say, you've hit something big there., GinGa, 14-May-07 12:42 PM, #6
Reply This a joke?, ORB, 14-May-07 11:27 AM, #4
Reply I find at 40+, the roleplay is damn fine across the boa..., GinGa, 14-May-07 10:36 AM, #3
Reply We aren't playing the same game, or at least the same t..., Quixotic, 14-May-07 10:15 AM, #2
Reply I THINK MY GUT JUST BUSTED txt, Larcat, 14-May-07 08:37 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I THINK MY GUT JUST BUSTED txt, incognito, 15-May-07 02:24 PM, #12
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17778 Previous topic | Next topic