Subject: "Its the reasons, not the dex..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15333
Show all folders

AgraemasSat 02-Dec-06 10:34 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2003
87 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#15338, "Its the reasons, not the dex..."
Edited on Sat 02-Dec-06 10:47 PM

Although, If I'm playing a primarily dex specced warrior, where many of my skills depend on dex, I would much rather have an extra dex than an extra str. As for why I wouldn't want to do half-drow: role reasons, gear choices, if I know I'm going to be playing a lot of drows I'd like to be able to wield mithril, if I'm good I'd like access to the varied good only mithril items, if I'm evil, I might want to switch things up and have an iron vuln as many goodie weapons are mithril. They use a certain logic and reasoning for one attribute, but than completely ignore it for the other.

A half-elf can't have 24 dex because neither his mommy or his daddy could have that much, but just because its not popular half-elvse can have 24 wis, regardless of what their parents could ever manage on their own.

Elf Maxes: Str: Strong (18) Int: God-like (25) Wis: Sagacious (21)
Dex: Quick (23) Con: Average (16) Charisma: Disarming (21)

Human Maxes: Str : Strong (20) Int: Genius (20) Wis: Wise (20)
Dex : Dextrous (20) Con: Healthy (20) Cha: Charismatic (20)

Humans gain additional power (+3) in the prime stat of their chosen class.

So let's take a look. Character's Mother is an elf with 23 dex. And his dad is a human, with 20, but humans are known for their adaptibility. Add them together, we get 23.

Now, his Mom's got 21 wis, and his dad has 20. Add them together and you get....24! It doesnt make any sense.

The way I always thought of it: Half-Elf gets the increased dex from his mothers side(who had 23)making his base 21, and gets his ability to excel in certain things from his dads side. Making 24.

I'm just looking for a better reason than the one they gave. Or at least acknowledge that its screwed up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHalf-Elves [View all] , Agraemas, Sat 02-Dec-06 06:38 PM
Reply Stupid question, dalneko, 02-Dec-06 08:46 PM, #2
Reply Neither of them get 24. nt, Scrimbul, 02-Dec-06 09:13 PM, #3
     Reply Wrong. H/D get 24., (NOT Pro), 02-Dec-06 09:43 PM, #4
          Reply Its the reasons, not the dex..., Agraemas, 02-Dec-06 10:47 PM #5
               Reply Fair enough. n/t, (NOT Pro), 02-Dec-06 10:46 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Its the reasons, not the dex..., Daevryn, 03-Dec-06 01:17 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Its the reasons, not the dex..., GoodLuckDice, 03-Dec-06 04:11 AM, #8
                    Reply At least it'd be consistent nt, Agraemas, 03-Dec-06 10:25 AM, #9
Reply I wouldn't make wis half-elf warrior (n/t), Daevryn, 02-Dec-06 06:50 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15333 Previous topic | Next topic