Subject: "Half-Elves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15333
Show all folders

AgraemasSat 02-Dec-06 06:38 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2003
87 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#15333, "Half-Elves"

For anyone who groans about this being a rehash, I'm just looking for some closure. This drives me crazy. If a Half-Elf specs dex they only get 23 dex.

The reason given for this: Neither humans or half-elves get 24 dex.

Now compared to wisdom primaries who get 24 wisdom(even though neither races get 24).

The reason given for this was that there is no reason to pick wisdom as a warrior. Now, especially after Dinkertot's success as a gnome warrior, due mainly to his use of "Striking the Shadow's Footfall" we'll see more gnome warriors. High Wisdom, and high Intelligence made it a good choice.

But a half-elf/half-drow get 24 wisdom. So to pick a halfbreed over a gnome you get more strength, more dex, more con, and very similar wis and int with 200 less exp pen. This means a better pk range, and more chances to use that legacy. Not to mention being able to go evil/good and not being confined to just neutral.

So really here's my problem, I can't stand the reasons given for reducing the half-elves. I always saw it as a quick race, that was the product of their parents. Humans are really good at adapting, and so when combined with the elves, a race that is already as quick as the quickest human you would get something even better.

Now, please, if an Immortal can just respond and say "This change was due to Game Balance issues" I would accept it, what I can't accept is the reasoning that its because humans and elves dont have it naturally.

Immortals, please clear this up for me. Declare it Game Balance(or some other logical reason) instead of the previously mentioned, or change it and I'll be much happier. Gaining an int, wis, vuln, and exp pen over human dex warriors and losing a con, just seems unbalanced.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHalf-Elves [View all] , Agraemas, Sat 02-Dec-06 06:38 PM
Reply Stupid question, dalneko, 02-Dec-06 08:46 PM, #2
Reply Neither of them get 24. nt, Scrimbul, 02-Dec-06 09:13 PM, #3
     Reply Wrong. H/D get 24., (NOT Pro), 02-Dec-06 09:43 PM, #4
          Reply Its the reasons, not the dex..., Agraemas, 02-Dec-06 10:47 PM, #5
               Reply Fair enough. n/t, (NOT Pro), 02-Dec-06 10:46 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Its the reasons, not the dex..., Daevryn, 03-Dec-06 01:17 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Its the reasons, not the dex..., GoodLuckDice, 03-Dec-06 04:11 AM, #8
                    Reply At least it'd be consistent nt, Agraemas, 03-Dec-06 10:25 AM, #9
Reply I wouldn't make wis half-elf warrior (n/t), Daevryn, 02-Dec-06 06:50 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15333 Previous topic | Next topic