Subject: "RE: Two Things" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52656
Show all folders

SarienFri 01-Nov-13 09:02 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52679, "RE: Two Things"

Daev,

I think whats not being taken into account in this argument...is the wealth of utility/functionality your shaman revamp just brought to the shaman class.

I would argue that you are 100% right that shaman dispel needed to be the way it is to give them a much needed 'edge' pre-revamp.

The versatility that your revamp just added to the class closed the 'gap' quite significantly from my observations.

I do not think shaman dispel was out of 'whack' with old shamans - hence I've never posted about it

I do think its a bit out of whack on a new double-path poison/whatever shaman...

Old shamans had maledicts - sure...only a few of them had 'good damage' AND a maledict (Wither/Fatigue/Etc)

poison/plague didn't do outright nasty damage

now mr poison path has spammable thief poison success that comes along with NICE damage...

This wasn't the case before...shaman needed that dispel so his hellfire would be 'effective' by stripping an opponents preps..

Now, I've seen logs of these shamans spamming noxious cloud for good damage through sanc, not to mention adding a bunch of arguably extremely nasty debuffs...

Neo shaman != Old shaman, please re-examine dispel.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDispel mage vs shaman [View all] , Sarien, Thu 31-Oct-13 08:37 AM
Reply RE: Dispel mage vs shaman, Daevryn, 31-Oct-13 10:10 PM, #5
Reply Not sure why people are bringing this up now, Torak, 31-Oct-13 04:36 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Not sure why people are bringing this up now, Bemused, 31-Oct-13 05:59 PM, #2
          Reply I don't think it will be changed..., Twist, 31-Oct-13 08:34 PM, #3
               Reply RE: I don't think it will be changed..., Bemused, 31-Oct-13 09:18 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: I don't think it will be changed..., Daevryn, 31-Oct-13 10:11 PM, #6
                    Reply I'd rather like mage dispel brought up., Murphy, 01-Nov-13 12:20 AM, #7
                         Reply Two Things, Destuvius, 01-Nov-13 05:31 AM, #8
                              Reply In the case of the typical shapeshifter, that's true., Murphy, 01-Nov-13 06:15 AM, #9
                              Reply RE: Two Things, Sarien, 01-Nov-13 09:02 AM #10
                                   Reply Let us also take into account., Zephon, 01-Nov-13 03:34 PM, #12
                                   Reply Mors-Gravis shaman dispel. nt, Artificial, 01-Nov-13 07:32 PM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Two Things, Daevryn, 01-Nov-13 05:35 PM, #13
                    Reply How did rescue get changed...oh wait :), TMNS, 01-Nov-13 02:13 PM, #11
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52656 Previous topic | Next topic