Subject: "RE: What?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45916
Show all folders

Shadowy Islander (Anonymous)Fri 15-Jun-12 10:36 PM
Charter member
#45937, "RE: What?"
Edited on Fri 15-Jun-12 10:39 PM

The difference seems to be that as a Villager you are getting a notable benefit through the use of truesight. Hence the perk of being a scout as a char that relies on being hidden to really take advantage of those benefits to their fullest. Whereas in gauging the balance you are basically getting nothing other than making sure you are doing what you are supposed to be doing in terms of RP/PK at that moment. It's just painful to have to step out of the shadows for 5 seconds or whatever just to make sure the balance hasn't tipped. I suppose one can always plead ignorance if it did shift, but sometimes that goes against the RP basis of being a Nexun.

No big deal either way, this was just an observation I thought was worth discussion. I feel like gauge should be a kind of intuitive thing that doesn't take a lot of strain. Truesight seems to be more of an effort based on the way it's been designed. I suppose gauge could be made to be like truesight in that it could be done without the key but with added strain on the body and then it would make sense to knock you out of the shadows if you didn't have the key.

Ah well, just some food for thought.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGauging the balance while hidden [View all] , Shadowy Islander (Anonymous), Fri 15-Jun-12 06:12 AM
Reply how evil would it be to..., laxman, 15-Jun-12 10:59 AM, #3
Reply Answer inside., Alston, 15-Jun-12 10:48 AM, #2
Reply RE: Answer inside., The-me, 15-Jun-12 11:14 AM, #5
Reply The who list is over powered in that..., Alston, 16-Jun-12 08:49 AM, #12
Reply RE: Answer inside., orangepowered, 15-Jun-12 12:24 PM, #7
Reply ..from someone who has never played Nexus and doesn't k..., Lhydia, 15-Jun-12 02:48 PM, #9
     Reply I have played many Nexuns., Alston, 16-Jun-12 08:47 AM, #11
Reply RE: Gauging the balance while hidden, Graatch, 15-Jun-12 10:09 AM, #1
     Reply What?, Tsunami, 15-Jun-12 11:07 AM, #4
          Reply RE: What?, The-me, 15-Jun-12 11:16 AM, #6
               Reply Close, Tsunami, 15-Jun-12 01:07 PM, #8
               Reply RE: What?, Shadowy Islander (Anonymous), 15-Jun-12 10:39 PM #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45916 Previous topic | Next topic