Subject: "Poisoner Thieves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25125
Show all folders

DaeDrougWed 10-Jun-09 03:08 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2006
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#25125, "Poisoner Thieves"

So I've been playing a poisoner recently and I've run into a quite a few things that hurt the playability of them. The biggest of which is the fact that you have to brew the poison immediately before using it. There's no option to pull out a vial apply it and get to work, you have to have the ingredients brew it (20-30 second lag), apply it, and then you can use it. If I want to knock someone out they pretty much have to be staying for that entire time and whenever I've tryed it the opportunity has usually passed by the time I'm ready to take advantage of it. And you can just forget about making use of poison on the case that someones coming after you.

The second problem I have is that one of the most useful of poisons is almost impossible to use unless you cross train to plant and get very lucky. Emetic poison is the closest thing to normal poison and yet you can't use it like normal poison. I could understand this if this was an assassin or warrior we were talking about, but with thieves their hardly the most dangerous of classes (obviously yes they can be dangerous but compared to other classes not really). Also both mind control and knock out I can understand from restricting them from being poisoned onto weapons, just don't understand why emetic is as well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPoisoner Thieves [View all] , DaeDroug, Wed 10-Jun-09 03:08 PM
Reply RE: Poisoner Thieves, Sebeok, 10-Jun-09 03:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Poisoner Thieves, DaeDroug, 10-Jun-09 04:34 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Poisoner Thieves, laxman, 11-Jun-09 06:09 AM, #3
               Reply I think I agree, though..., Splntrd, 12-Jun-09 09:59 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: I think I agree, though..., DaeDroug, 13-Jun-09 02:26 AM, #5
                         Reply Some of this exists., Straklaw, 13-Jun-09 03:35 AM, #6
                              Reply RE: Some of this exists., DaeDroug, 13-Jun-09 06:25 AM, #7
                                   Reply HELP CLEANPOISON, Scrimbul, 13-Jun-09 09:25 PM, #8
                                        Reply RE: HELP CLEANPOISON, DaeDroug, 13-Jun-09 11:06 PM, #9
                                             Reply RE: HELP CLEANPOISON, DaeDroug, 15-Jun-09 06:48 AM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25125 Previous topic | Next topic