Subject: "Now this only makes you look worse actually." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #2970
Show all folders

ShapaSun 07-Apr-13 10:54 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3008, "Now this only makes you look worse actually."

"
Sure.

But: it's not like people haven't done well with that combo before.

Actually I think one of the things I personally struggled with as far as Boo goes is that I had seen that combo done so well so many times that I had a really hard time getting fired up about someone who was usually doing a pretty good job with it. If anything is unfair it's definitely that. I wouldn't fault anyone who was much more excited about the character than I was.
"

Could you name at least ONE air/water shapeshifter who did at least 1/4 as well as Buereunus?

Anything at least somewhat close to him would be Harkain. He made 52-0 PKs in 298 hours. It means he played totally your style - he was only fighting the battles he knew he would win for sure without risking at all - he was only fighting fully prepared in the water with the form what pounces.

Look well how did you choose every one of your battles:
Total PK Losses 3
Solo PK Losses 3
PK Losses to a group of 2 0
PK Losses to a group of 3 0
PK Losses to a group of 4+ 0
Average Group Size Per Death 1.00

Your combo - neutral village berserker was very very good in the 95% of the battles. You was totally destroying your enemies without them having any real chances to do anything at all against you.

But 5% of the time is the time where usually berserkers die a lot. Those 5% of the time where they fight against big groups, try to retrieve where they don't even have the chane to do it, fight very bad for them builds. For example a fire giant warrior with armaggedon sword could probably kill you with 1-2 flurries because you didn't have much damage reduction or a lot of hps, but you didn't fight such giants.

BUT you used your own skills to totally avoid those 5% of the battles. So you never even died to a group of two. And you made more than half of your PKs in the middle levels where village berserkers shine even more.

Now look at Buereunus. His combo only made it possible for him sometimes to kill someone tough when he could catch someone in the water. But if he was only doing this - then he would only get about 50 PKs in 300 hours like Harkain did.

But most of the time he was only limited to using weak air form vulture, nightwalker and a lot of damage reduction and additional hps.

This way he simply couldn't play the way you or Harkan played and still get those 273 (266 at level 51) pks. Do you even realize what does it mean? He was often taking bigs risks and was using purely his own pk skills to actually land a lot of pks. And he did it instead of using the power of the combo like you or Harkan did.

Look what battles Buereunus had to fight to actually get those many PKS he did:
Total PK Losses 10
Solo PK Losses 2
PK Losses to a group of 2 4
PK Losses to a group of 3 4
PK Losses to a group of 4+ 0
Average Group Size Per Death 2.20

Death's Ganked-O-Meter says: Trampled by Angry Hordes

There is not a single way to compare anything you played or anything else you are speaking about here - "I had seen that combo done so well so many times" and Buereunus. And i have no idea how could you write something like that here.

And also he was shapeshifter - what means he wasn't able to benefit from the complete knowledge of CF areas as much as warrior or any other class can. Simply because shapeshifters can't get those +dr or interesting progs as their EQ.

And most importantly - compare the treatment:

Tue Oct 11 14:28:10 2005 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 51 (142 hrs):
We should totally give this guy giant clam or something.

vs

Sun Jan 20 10:55:40 2013 by 'Daevryn' at level 51 (336 hrs):
Man this guy has killed sad elf shifter 8 times... but I guess, what can you really do when you're water/air.

Tue Feb 19 11:40:02 2013 by 'Baerinika' at level 51 (396 hrs):
We sure love beating on poor Kahm while he's stuck on duty in a city. Over..and over...and over.

"If I'm a poor player and an air shifter wants to keep killing me, what are my options (other than quitting) to stop dying?

Compare that with the options Grinlague has as seen in this log.

Do you consider those to be equivalent situations? I don't."

You actually pissed the player of Buereunus so much with those 2 immortal comments that he already commented it somewhere. I'll repost it here:

That comment is in reference to an elf shapeshifter orca/eagle named Laspigon. I would kill him once, tell him to leave me be or you get it again. He would then come after me over and over in the water without regard for his life. So I kill him again, I warn him, etc. He would jump me while I fought two others, I would kill him. After him doing this four times in an hour and a half I prayed, "I don't mean to multi kill this guy, but he just keeps coming after me over and over". I did not choose to "full loot him" to teach him a lesson. In addition, he actually said he wouldn't give up and keep coming after me. I would leave all his nice trinkets, maybe take a rod or two to deter him. He actually said he was fine dying and that he would continue to do anything to kill me. See this part of the Goodbye.

Laspigon - We had quite the rivalry. I just could not allow you to survive. I would kill you once and back off, but you kept coming. So I would kill you. I wasn't someone to run away simply because I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

I did not multi-kill the guy at all and I did everything within my roleplay to ward him off besides just running from him when he retard attacks me with no protections in the water.

This also goes the same for Kahm, a paladin of sorts who had a mouth on him. Who I did attack numerous times in one session until I killed him for his mouth. What is being said in that comment is like this paladin was helpless or something and when on duty I should "simply leave him alone" out of the goodness of my heart. Yeah, orderly good paladin Tribunal with a tendency for crap talk who power ranked in 43 hours should be someone I should have pity on. Come on.

And now how is ANY DIFFERENT from the situation where you killed Grinlague 7 times in ONE day? Poor Grinlaque didn't even know how to use reduce or fly potions.

But Buereunus deserves the negative immortal comments for doing exactly you did yourself while you had three legacies?

"
>Dark-elves and elves aren't better than wood-elves for sure
>and gnomes are much weaker.

I think you're crazy on the elves and dark-elves count. Both have unambiguously superior stats and better inherents (for most things).

>But you wrote it all the way like
>as if you are really proud of making wood-elf warrior shine.

It's something that had never previously been made to look good (Cainargen also made it look good, but I rolled earlier) and by the time we were done with it people talked about it like it had been an obvious power combo all along.

I don't know that I'm exactly proud of that. It is what it is.
"

You know exactly that you are being proud of playing great wood-elf warrior. And that is the reason why you just wrote that dark-elves or elves are better.

The weakest point of elf/wood-elf/dark-elf without the defensive legacies and a lot of magical protections is that they still have little hps and very little damage reduce + vuln what is easy to exploit. So Wrath commune is the most obvious answer to fight such combo. But you played wood-elf villager instead of playing dark-elf villager at the time when Battle is in the war with Fortress. You knew it very well that there are a lot of paladins who will be really big problem if you decide to play dark-elf. Also it's much easier to fight Fortress when they don't have protection vs evil against you, also it's much easier to raid Fortress when you are neutral. Also Nexus may have some kind of cabal powers against their main enemies - Battle if you was playing either elf or dark-elf. And also stats of the elves and dark-elves aren't unambiguously superior stats when compared to wood-elves. And also you just made yourself the new edge for wood-elves to improve their parry and offense before playing one.

In other words wood-elven battle village berserker isn't the strongest possible combo of course. But there are some players who can play it almost as well as you, the player of Buereunus included. They simply didn't do it and did other better things instead - one of them played Buereunus.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicAulrathdien Logs [View all] , Daevryn, Wed 03-Apr-13 10:51 PM
Reply Thank you!!, highbutterfly, 10-Apr-13 08:27 AM, #40
Reply Agreed, orangepowered, 10-Apr-13 11:22 PM, #41
     Reply RE: Agreed, Daevryn, 11-Apr-13 12:13 AM, #42
          Reply What would you have chosen if you could do over?, TMNS, 12-Apr-13 08:01 PM, #43
          Reply RE: What would you have chosen if you could do over?, Daevryn, 13-Apr-13 08:02 AM, #44
               Reply A random question for you., lasentia, 15-Apr-13 10:10 AM, #45
                    Reply Evil Scion conjurer is just a terrible matchup for..., TMNS, 17-Apr-13 09:00 AM, #46
                    Reply Yeah, I'd agree with this, Marcus_, 21-Apr-13 12:39 PM, #50
                    Reply RE: A random question for you., Daevryn, 15-Apr-13 05:19 PM, #47
          Reply RE: Agreed, orangepowered, 17-Apr-13 03:31 PM, #48
               Reply RE: Agreed, Daevryn, 17-Apr-13 05:45 PM, #49
                    Reply RE: Agreed, orangepowered, 21-Apr-13 12:39 PM, #51
Reply Man this guy has killed sad gnome nexan warrior 7 times..., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 12:25 PM, #22
Reply As all things are, Rayihn, 06-Apr-13 01:52 PM, #24
Reply Most people don't consider immortal comments as somethi..., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 04:29 PM, #25
     Reply Wasn't my follower, Rayihn, 06-Apr-13 04:42 PM, #26
          Reply The way i would make my own verdict about an air/water ..., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 05:38 PM, #27
               Reply RE: The way i would make my own verdict about an air/wa..., Daevryn, 06-Apr-13 06:28 PM, #29
                    Reply It is mentioned totally the wrong way and you know it., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 08:37 PM, #30
                         Reply RE: It is mentioned totally the wrong way and you know ..., Daevryn, 06-Apr-13 08:54 PM, #35
                              Reply RE: If I'm a poor player, Murphy, 07-Apr-13 07:49 AM, #36
                              Reply RE: If I'm a poor player, Daevryn, 07-Apr-13 09:08 AM, #37
                              Reply Now this only makes you look worse actually., Shapa, 07-Apr-13 12:24 PM #38
                                   Reply RE: Now this only makes you look worse actually., Daevryn, 07-Apr-13 12:31 PM, #39
Reply RE: Man this guy has killed sad gnome nexan warrior 7 t..., Daevryn, 06-Apr-13 07:47 PM, #32
Reply RE: Aulrathdien Logs, Mylene (Anonymous), 05-Apr-13 09:12 AM, #13
Reply Aul vs. Treyliu and Mylene, Daevryn, 05-Apr-13 05:42 PM, #16
     Reply Nice. n/t, Lhydia, 05-Apr-13 07:19 PM, #18
Reply How to kill someone a bunch without really trying, Part..., Daevryn, 03-Apr-13 11:48 PM, #1
     Reply Part 2, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 12:09 AM, #2
     Reply Part 3, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 01:06 AM, #3
     Reply Part 4 , Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 01:13 AM, #4
     Reply Part 5, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 01:30 AM, #5
     Reply Part 6, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 01:47 AM, #6
     Reply Part 7, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 02:00 AM, #7
     Reply Part 8, Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 06:09 PM, #8
     Reply Part 9 , Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 06:10 PM, #9
     Reply Part 10 (Finale), Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 06:33 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Part 10 (Finale), Straklaw, 04-Apr-13 08:38 PM, #11
          Reply RE: Part 10 (Finale), Daevryn, 04-Apr-13 09:38 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Part 10 (Finale), orangepowered, 05-Apr-13 09:12 AM, #14
                    Reply RE: Part 10 (Finale), Daevryn, 05-Apr-13 05:31 PM, #15
                         Reply Actually i would make new gnome edge to improve dodge i..., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 12:25 PM, #23
                              Reply I like this idea, as it would make gnome a decent dagge..., orangepowered, 06-Apr-13 06:27 PM, #28
                                   Reply Battle gnomes also don't have any effective way to lag ..., Shapa, 06-Apr-13 08:37 PM, #31
          Reply I don't get it.., Lhydia, 05-Apr-13 07:19 PM, #17
          Reply RE: I don't get it.., Daevryn, 05-Apr-13 08:06 PM, #19
               Reply So did you just not have the full story on Buerreunus....., Lhydia, 06-Apr-13 07:08 AM, #20
                    Reply RE: So did you just not have the full story on Buerreun..., Daevryn, 06-Apr-13 07:49 PM, #33
          Reply You are being sickeningly nice to your enemy., Murphy, 06-Apr-13 07:08 AM, #21
               Reply RE: You are being sickeningly nice to your enemy., Daevryn, 06-Apr-13 07:50 PM, #34
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #2970 Previous topic | Next topic