Subject: "RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967
Show all folders

KastellynWed 26-Oct-05 10:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#985, "RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values"

I can change it to pulses, that's solid. I really had no idea what they were called, if anything.

Why didn't I put actual numbers in there? I really don't know the number of pulses per combat round, if you can believe that. I think it's around 10. My goal was more to provide them with a general understanding of how time works in combat rather than provide them with specifics (if we wanted everyone to know how many pulses each skill takes, that'd be in the helpfile, and I think that's a bit too number-crunchery).

But I see your point, and maybe I can come up with a happy medium that doesn't mislead newbies, but still gives them the gist of the idea without being too number oriented.

This doesn't have to be an Imm-only product, by the way. If you (or anyone) wants to rewrite or add a paragraph in the Guide, feel free. I'll even give you credit if it goes in the final version!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclag [View all] , reniir, Tue 25-Oct-05 01:19 PM
Reply On lag., DurNominator, 25-Oct-05 02:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On lag., reniir, 25-Oct-05 03:17 PM, #2
          Reply Some IMM please write a good description of lag..., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 04:57 PM, #3
          Reply Since You Asked, Kastellyn, 25-Oct-05 05:33 PM, #4
               Reply Not too shabby...., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 08:09 PM, #5
               Reply Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 02:16 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Kastellyn, 26-Oct-05 10:19 AM #10
                         Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Laearrist, 26-Oct-05 10:43 AM, #11
          Reply Yeh, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 03:22 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Server lag:, Valguarnera, 26-Oct-05 08:43 AM, #8
                    Reply I think the last bout of lag was the network path to th..., Theerkla, 26-Oct-05 08:57 AM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967 Previous topic | Next topic