Subject: "lag" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967
Show all folders

reniirTue 25-Oct-05 01:19 PM
Member since 25th Oct 2005
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#967, "lag"

Not sure if this is the correct forum but have only been playing for 2 days so a new player.

I get alot of lag. For example sometimes I will look and the room desc will show up instantly, and sometimes will take 1-2 seconds. Sometimes 3 or 4. Same in battle, will wheel kick and the char will kick right away, sometimes will be several rounds later, or even come back after the fight is done in extreme cases. This can't be normal. I have constant 40ms pings, even if I am pinging and get this lag, the pings dont reflect it. So the actual connection isnt the problem. Have tried tf and tintin++ and both are the same.

So I guess my question is if this is normal for this mud? Or if there is anything I can do to stop it from happening. This is my first pk type mud, but think that something like this would be terrible for battles. Like playing quake with a 2000+ ping. Will appreciate any help or input.

thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclag [View all] , reniir, Tue 25-Oct-05 01:19 PM
Reply On lag., DurNominator, 25-Oct-05 02:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On lag., reniir, 25-Oct-05 03:17 PM, #2
          Reply Some IMM please write a good description of lag..., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 04:57 PM, #3
          Reply Since You Asked, Kastellyn, 25-Oct-05 05:33 PM, #4
               Reply Not too shabby...., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 08:09 PM, #5
               Reply Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 02:16 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Kastellyn, 26-Oct-05 10:19 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Laearrist, 26-Oct-05 10:43 AM, #11
          Reply Yeh, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 03:22 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Server lag:, Valguarnera, 26-Oct-05 08:43 AM, #8
                    Reply I think the last bout of lag was the network path to th..., Theerkla, 26-Oct-05 08:57 AM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967 Previous topic | Next topic