Subject: "Yeh" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967
Show all folders

DurNominatorWed 26-Oct-05 03:22 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#978, "Yeh"

The commands will go to queue, but if you spam wheel kick ten times in the beginning of combat, don't expect to see your character doing anything else in the next twenty rounds. Meanwhile, if you see that you need to flee during this time to survive, the flee will go through after the wheel kicks are completed. This isn't doesn't help you much if you die before the flee goes through, which is why exsessive spamming during fights isn't generally a good idea. Of course wheel kick out of combat lags you for one pulse only(with the 'you're not fighting anyone' echo, in similar fashion commands like say, inventory and mistyped commands lag you one pulse(Kastellyn uses word segment in his post. AFAIK, one combat round is 12 pulses)).

Server lag will be easy to recognise, since it when it occurs, it totally jams things up, whether or not you are in combat. It will more resemble losing link than combat lag. Bad server lag also doesn't occur often(I remember two days during which it occurred this year). The only reason I mentioned it was that one of these server lag days was not too long ago(This week or was it last sunday evening?).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclag [View all] , reniir, Tue 25-Oct-05 01:19 PM
Reply On lag., DurNominator, 25-Oct-05 02:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On lag., reniir, 25-Oct-05 03:17 PM, #2
          Reply Some IMM please write a good description of lag..., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 04:57 PM, #3
          Reply Since You Asked, Kastellyn, 25-Oct-05 05:33 PM, #4
               Reply Not too shabby...., Laearrist, 25-Oct-05 08:09 PM, #5
               Reply Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 02:16 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Kastellyn, 26-Oct-05 10:19 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: Pretty good, but I'd prefer you using actual values, Laearrist, 26-Oct-05 10:43 AM, #11
          Reply Yeh, DurNominator, 26-Oct-05 03:22 AM #7
               Reply RE: Server lag:, Valguarnera, 26-Oct-05 08:43 AM, #8
                    Reply I think the last bout of lag was the network path to th..., Theerkla, 26-Oct-05 08:57 AM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #967 Previous topic | Next topic