Subject: "because you are new...let me try to help." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #765
Show all folders

OdrirgSun 08-May-05 10:34 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#772, "because you are new...let me try to help."

I think I might be part of the reason why you said that people on this mud aren't particularly nice.

What you don't seem to understand, is that many people on this mud are sticklers for the rules, because they believe it makes the game fair....which makes the game fun for everyone.

It did not help, when you dropped link to avoid pk in silverwood.....Then when we were sitting there praying (early in the morning, so no imms on to catch it, I am thinking)...you reconnected...only to run a few steps and drop link again.

So yes, my character had some choice words for you the next time I saw you online. I saw you as a cheater. And that just bugs me.

Now, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you just didn't know that dropping link to avoid pk was bad.

Well, now you know.

Also. This game is not all about pk, it has a very strong roleplay element. You were playing an ORC. And you have another character who is a necromancer.

There are very few other races or classes that are pre-disposed to be "nice" to those choices. So perhaps your thinking that the playerbase is mean is based MORE upon your choices of characters...because you know...if you play an orc, don't expect to be treated like a pure-as-snow-elf.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSeriously come on.. [View all] , Fletich, Sun 08-May-05 11:24 PM
Reply because you are new...let me try to help., Odrirg, 08-May-05 10:34 AM #7
Reply Translation, incognito, 08-May-05 09:41 AM, #6
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., Valguarnera, 07-May-05 10:44 AM, #5
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., nepenthe, 07-May-05 07:18 AM, #4
Reply People RP in this MUD., DurNominator, 07-May-05 05:24 AM, #3
Reply For the record..., Grurk Muouk, 07-May-05 04:40 AM, #2
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., Praline, 07-May-05 04:34 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #765 Previous topic | Next topic