Subject: "RE: Can someone explain thief guild leaders?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3663
Show all folders

Not An ImmThu 29-Dec-11 07:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3704, "RE: Can someone explain thief guild leaders?"
Edited on Thu 29-Dec-11 07:26 PM

>I heard you can get to be a guild leader by getting tons of
>gold. Can someone elaborate a little? What's the process and
>how much gold (ballpark) are we talking about?
>
>Also, is that gold that's in the bank or do you have to make
>donations somehow in the guild? I haven't see a way to do so.
>
>Are there any benefits to being a guild leader other than the
>title and general badass factor?

I try to always join a guild with the intention of eventually becoming guild leader. There's few enough guild members to make that a reality in all of the guilds other than the Galadon one. Of my last 10 or so thieves, 8 of them have taken over the guild unopposed.

All it takes is donating 500 gold to the guild to become elite, then you can call a vote. If you are the only elite, you win by default. If the other elites are inactive for a few days and don't vote, you can still win by default.

Guild leaders get 3 minor skills which used to be city slicker abilities before the revamp. Guild Protection, Shopkeeper Favors, and City Ties. All have some niche uses, but aren't anything that will really give you an edge.

It's mostly a RP opportunity, as the title makes people want to talk to you. Which can be annoying, since everybody assumes you are now their personal mobile shopping center for limited gear.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHelp with thief paths? Bunch of questions! [View all] , Young thief (Anonymous), Tue 06-Dec-11 04:56 PM
Reply Personal Experiences/Opinion Answers., Kalageadon, 29-Dec-11 07:41 PM, #9
Reply Can someone explain thief guild leaders?, Thievery Corporation (Anonymous), 29-Dec-11 06:55 PM, #6
Reply RE: Can someone explain thief guild leaders?, Straklaw, 29-Dec-11 07:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: Can someone explain thief guild leaders?, Not An Imm, 29-Dec-11 07:26 PM #8
Reply RE: Help with thief paths? Bunch of questions!, Not An Imm, 07-Dec-11 07:20 PM, #5
Reply RE: Help with thief paths? Bunch of questions!, Tac, 06-Dec-11 05:24 PM, #2
Reply Very few answers, Tsunami, 06-Dec-11 05:06 PM, #1
     Reply How about gag...and acrobatics?, Young thief (Anonymous), 06-Dec-11 06:01 PM, #3
          Reply Dexterity you can bet, Tsunami, 06-Dec-11 08:29 PM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3663 Previous topic | Next topic