Subject: "RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1771
Show all folders

KastellynThu 05-Jul-07 01:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1787, "RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..."

Too big an advantage? Out of the 20 to 40 logged on, 18 to 36 of them already know exactly the area they are in when they teleport.

I'll loudly disagree with this. I'd say I know exactly where I teleport to roughly 30% of the time, and that's after a scan that shows me a mob or two. And I'm intimately familiar with a LOT of areas.

Though I could just have a crappy memory!

This just creates a club to beat newbies with until they do what this newbie did and roll up an exploration gnome that spends all day teleporting around, or they play a succession of non throw-away characters for a year.

It's not so much the advantage of veterans over newbies, but the advantage this gives to teleport in general. Right now, one of the drawbacks to teleport is the fact that you might not know where you end up, and have to teleport again - risking a plunge into the mists of Thar-Acacia or the Whitecloak Encampment. If you always know where you teleport to, that risk decreases substantially.

Teleport is supposed to be risky. Despite recent changes, I still don't think it's risky enough, but that's probably just me.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAreas [View all] , Danaeya, Mon 25-Jun-07 04:30 PM
Reply I Could See This, Kastellyn, 01-Jul-07 10:56 PM, #5
Reply I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the res..., incognito, 30-Jun-07 03:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., TheFrog, 30-Jun-07 03:39 PM, #3
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., Danaeya, 30-Jun-07 07:27 PM, #4
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., randombutterfly, 05-Jul-07 12:07 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., Kastellyn, 05-Jul-07 01:15 PM #7
     Reply I get bored with this "elitist" argument, incognito, 05-Jul-07 05:38 PM, #8
Reply I think this would be a cool exploration skill to add. ..., Nightshade, 25-Jun-07 05:36 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1771 Previous topic | Next topic