Subject: "RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the rest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1771
Show all folders

randombutterflyThu 05-Jul-07 12:07 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2007
40 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1786, "RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the rest"

Too big an advantage? Out of the 20 to 40 logged on, 18 to 36 of them already know exactly the area they are in when they teleport. This just creates a club to beat newbies with until they do what this newbie did and roll up an exploration gnome that spends all day teleporting around, or they play a succession of non throw-away characters for a year.

So, really, this issue is:

make newbies roll up a throw-away mage to be competitive with the playerbase

Or

put in something that won't affect game balance, since almost all of the people know the area they are in almost all of the time, but will help the game to be

1. friendlier to newbies

2. not incentivize OOC mechanisms such as a throw-away explorer char

The RP/game balance decision on this game has come down in favor
of people rolling up level 1 young characters with the game knowledge of 5 successive caballed heroes, probably due to a combination of unenforcability and what would be fun for veteran players. That's a reasonable decision, but if I understand correctly so is the OP's suggestion in light of it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAreas [View all] , Danaeya, Mon 25-Jun-07 04:30 PM
Reply I Could See This, Kastellyn, 01-Jul-07 10:56 PM, #5
Reply I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the res..., incognito, 30-Jun-07 03:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., TheFrog, 30-Jun-07 03:39 PM, #3
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., Danaeya, 30-Jun-07 07:27 PM, #4
Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., randombutterfly, 05-Jul-07 12:07 PM #6
     Reply RE: I wouldn't mind the sign showing it, but as for the..., Kastellyn, 05-Jul-07 01:15 PM, #7
     Reply I get bored with this "elitist" argument, incognito, 05-Jul-07 05:38 PM, #8
Reply I think this would be a cool exploration skill to add. ..., Nightshade, 25-Jun-07 05:36 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1771 Previous topic | Next topic