Subject: "RE: So...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1606
Show all folders

IsildurTue 23-Jan-07 04:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1622, "RE: So...."

You weren't the person asking about Mac clients. "Not An Imm" was. That's who I was giving advice to. If a random Mac user asked me for advice, I probably wouldn't tell them, "Well, you're going to want to build tintin++ by hand. Do you know how to edit make files? Do you know how to download gnu readline and build static libs for OSX?" I'd tell them, "Get a mac client that has pre-compiled binaries, or else get parallels or boot camp and a copy of windows, set it up, then use whatever windows client you want."

Now, it turns out that tintin++ has pre-compiled binaries for OSX, so that would fall under the umbrella of my suggestion. If it didn't, though, I certainly wouldn't recommend that a non-technical Mac user try to build it by hand.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMac Mud Clients [View all] , thornheart, Wed 17-Jan-07 02:34 PM
Reply RE: Mac Mud Clients, Not An Imm, 17-Jan-07 04:24 PM, #1
     Reply TinTin++, Tac, 17-Jan-07 04:52 PM, #2
          Reply RE: TinTin++, thornheart, 18-Jan-07 02:12 AM, #3
               Reply RE: TinTin++, Isildur, 21-Jan-07 10:48 AM, #4
                    Reply Overkill... yea, Tac, 21-Jan-07 11:45 AM, #5
                         Reply RE: Overkill... yea, Isildur, 21-Jan-07 07:33 PM, #6
                              Reply There is a MacOSX precompiled binary, Tac, 23-Jan-07 10:03 AM, #7
                                   Reply RE: There is a MacOSX precompiled binary, Isildur, 23-Jan-07 10:34 AM, #8
                                        Reply So...., Tac, 23-Jan-07 11:55 AM, #9
                                             Reply RE: So...., Isildur, 23-Jan-07 04:19 PM #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1606 Previous topic | Next topic