Subject: "Never be afraid to ask for IC help..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1106
Show all folders

KolunSat 21-Jan-06 01:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1128, "Never be afraid to ask for IC help..."
Edited on Sat 21-Jan-06 01:54 PM

Of course don't phrase it like that but I will tell you this, me and most people(at least goodies and a lesser extent neutrals) will help you out if you rp with us about it. I mean hell I am always up to explore new areas that is part of the reason after 10 years that there is always something new to learn. Well that and taking extended breaks and not playing for a year or two here and there. Corlaan said rp at the Inn and that is a great start since that seems to be the rp hub of the CF universe for a lot of people. Talk to people, ask questions about your travels in a unique and diverse way and if someone knows the answers they will give it up readily, unless they are evil. Hell, if I don't know the answer I would probably be intrigued enough to go with you on an expedition to find the answer. And now that they have added keen observation exp it is even more fun to do because there is just another perk to do it. Kastellyn said to look at anything and everything and he is right. Look at all the mobs you come across, read room descriptions dilligently, I remember back in the day when most of the CF population walked around with brief on. Now I doubt if anyone does. Also read every description no matter how repetitive they seem to be getting there is usually that one or two rooms that have the tiniest bit of differences in them that make the difference. Examine anything in all the room descriptions that sticks out, items etc. Look in every direction when you enter a room, including up and down, sometimes you can find nifty hidden places that way. Hell I know I stumbled into a quest that way. Just remember don't give up. Dying sucks yes, but you learn way more from dying then blindly succeeding everytime. When I first started playing cf I died constantly and losing gear sucks, but the more you die the better off you will be in the future for regearing. Hopefully this helped a little bit.

"Everything I touch, I break."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI'm Scared of Exploring [View all] , Aodh, Thu 12-Jan-06 10:08 AM
Reply Never be afraid to ask for IC help..., Kolun, 21-Jan-06 01:54 PM #14
Reply One thing we keep meaning to do:, Valguarnera, 12-Jan-06 01:02 PM, #7
Reply Along these lines., Razoul, 12-Jan-06 01:44 PM, #8
Reply That would be amazingly, extremely cool. nt, Aodh, 12-Jan-06 03:32 PM, #9
Reply RE: I'm Scared of Exploring, Eskelian, 12-Jan-06 12:09 PM, #5
Reply Exploring Tips, Kastellyn, 12-Jan-06 12:08 PM, #4
Reply This keeps comming up, Sandello, 12-Jan-06 09:49 PM, #10
Reply RE: This keeps comming up, nepenthe, 12-Jan-06 10:03 PM, #11
     Reply RE: This keeps comming up, Sandello, 18-Jan-06 01:33 PM, #12
Reply Amen to that..., Kolun, 21-Jan-06 01:41 PM, #13
Reply RE: I'm Scared of Exploring, Corrlaan, 12-Jan-06 11:24 AM, #2
Reply APs are good for this because they get teleport at rank..., Eskelian, 12-Jan-06 12:03 PM, #3
Reply Jade Mountains is easy to navigate in, DurNominator, 12-Jan-06 12:50 PM, #6
Reply To the best of my knowlege...., Haggler, 12-Jan-06 11:06 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1106 Previous topic | Next topic