Subject: "RE: log out after pk" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1076
Show all folders

ButterflyThu 29-Dec-05 02:40 PM
Member since 24th Aug 2005
13 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1079, "RE: log out after pk"

>2. I've never noticed this before, so I can't imaigne skilled
>players are regularly logging out immediately after killing
>people. I suppose if it were something going on persistently
>with one character, you could justify reporting it and we
>could look into the pattern of behavior.

Sorry, I was unclear. Point 2 is a completely separate type of situation. By no means I am suggesting that it is the case that a large %tage of skilled players kill someone and immediately log out.

This looked bad, potentially like i was a typical newbie whining about a skilled player abuse that doesn't even happen, so I thought I'd clarify.

Here's an example from a while ago:

I'm invited as the third with two other obviously skilled and experienced players. We go to Akun and kill dwarves for xp. In between RP, they occassionally discuss things like they want to keep ranking in Akun until they get a certain skill from their guild, so i know they're planning to be doing it for a while in real life time.

A dwarf in our PK range shows up, becomes appropriately irate at the mayhem we are causing, and proceeds to attack us. We manage to win, and the dwarf imho gets major kuduos for good RP.

Now, suddenly, without discussion, the leader leaves the area and starts roaming around the map really fast with us. We zoom from city to city, get refreshed at healers, and keep hopping around. At first I think we're trying to track down the dwarf again, but this isn't what we do. We check out of the way areas to see if gear is lying around, run one or two small mobs for something like a low level potion or scroll, and keep moving. There is 0 discussion about what we're doing, and both of the players are still obviously keyed up, so it seems like this is a well understood thing we are doing that requires no explanation. 20 minutes later, the leader and the other guy mention RP cloaked for logging out, and they log out. No more mention is made of xp, finding someone else to kill, or anything else. This sort of thing happened a lot to me when I was grouping, and I'm wondering what the experienced players are thinking and doing in this scenario.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclog out after pk [View all] , Butterfly, Thu 29-Dec-05 07:14 AM
Reply D. Allowed and probably nothing wrong with it., Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 06:57 PM, #5
Reply RE: D. Allowed and probably nothing wrong with it., Butterfly, 02-Jan-06 09:54 AM, #8
Reply RE: log out after pk, Aarn, 29-Dec-05 09:20 AM, #2
Reply RE: log out after pk, Butterfly, 29-Dec-05 02:40 PM #3
     Reply I find that it's not a good Idea to hang around...., (NOT Pro), 30-Dec-05 12:35 AM, #4
          Reply RE: I find that it's not a good Idea to hang around...., Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 07:00 PM, #6
Reply My thoughts, Theerkla, 29-Dec-05 08:06 AM, #1
     Reply RE: My thoughts, Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 07:02 PM, #7
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1076 Previous topic | Next topic