Subject: "log out after pk" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1076
Show all folders

ButterflyThu 29-Dec-05 07:14 AM
Member since 24th Aug 2005
13 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1076, "log out after pk"

Two related questions.

1. Every time I attack a certain character, it runs away (which is probably wise if I have the advantage) and then logs out as soon
as the melee timer permits. Is logging out in this fashion
A. Good strategy and encouraged?
B. Cheesy but allowed within the rules?
C. If consistently done, an abuse that should be reported?
Thanks in advance!

2. A majority of the times I team up with a skilled or experienced player, or a few of them, I've noticed a pattern of behavior that while not absolute is as consistent as certain people going for a cigarette after, umm, certain things. Basically, they may be exping, or in rare cases exploring, or looking for a fight, but whatever it is, if a pk fight comes to them, when the interaction is over (and this may involve running away, coming back, searching for someone in a number of areas, etc., and may take 30 minutes or more) they wait around for 10 minutes, then log out. Even if I can strongly infer from the RP that the original plan was to run experience for two (real life)hours, if someone attacks the group and there's a merry chase and we win, they'll hang around for 10 minutes and then log out. Sometimes they even come back in 20 minutes to 2 hours, but they always log out. What's going on here? Do experienced players religiously read logs after a fight, or is there something else going on?

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclog out after pk [View all] , Butterfly, Thu 29-Dec-05 07:14 AM
Reply D. Allowed and probably nothing wrong with it., Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 06:57 PM, #5
Reply RE: D. Allowed and probably nothing wrong with it., Butterfly, 02-Jan-06 09:54 AM, #8
Reply RE: log out after pk, Aarn, 29-Dec-05 09:20 AM, #2
Reply RE: log out after pk, Butterfly, 29-Dec-05 02:40 PM, #3
     Reply I find that it's not a good Idea to hang around...., (NOT Pro), 30-Dec-05 12:35 AM, #4
          Reply RE: I find that it's not a good Idea to hang around...., Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 07:00 PM, #6
Reply My thoughts, Theerkla, 29-Dec-05 08:06 AM, #1
     Reply RE: My thoughts, Eskelian, 31-Dec-05 07:02 PM, #7
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1076 Previous topic | Next topic