Subject: "That's a great start, I'd add just a bit..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1045
Show all folders

CassmanSat 07-Jan-06 02:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1089, "That's a great start, I'd add just a bit..."

Since we've got a couple of different types of mazes, have 1 of each. The could be as small as 9 rooms, or as large as...whatever.

Have one that is so simple, you just look in all the directions, and you'll see a sign that says (This way out).

One is harder, like Shadow Grove, or Mists near Arkham, where you have descriptions for every direction, but one way goes in, one way goes out...let them find their way in and out.

Then have a small, but completely random maze, that just has to be lucked out of.

I like the idea of a reward at the end. Small XP, Expl XP, small box of coins, etc. Team 'Lost' can decide all that. I definitely like the idea of an escape handle, if you get sick/bored/too lost. I think this would give Newbies at least something they can fall back on when they hit one of these crazy places.

-Cassman-

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA question on mazes.. [View all] , Seanus, Fri 25-Nov-05 10:31 AM
Reply RE: A question on mazes.., nepenthe, 25-Nov-05 11:03 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A question on mazes.., Butterfly, 29-Dec-05 09:28 PM, #2
          Reply That's actually a really good idea., TheDude, 29-Dec-05 11:09 PM, #3
               Reply That's a great start, I'd add just a bit..., Cassman, 07-Jan-06 02:41 PM #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1045 Previous topic | Next topic